• News
  • World News
  • US News
  • 'Crazy person tried to break in': JD Vance's first reaction after attack on home — where was the Veep at the time?

'Crazy person tried to break in': JD Vance's first reaction after attack on home — where was the Veep at the time?

'Crazy person tried to break in': JD Vance's first reaction after attack on home — where was the Veep at the time?
US vice president JD Vance thanked the Secret Service and the Cincinnati police for the swift action after his house was attacked. Earlier, Vance's home in Cincinnati was attacked at night, with several windows smashed. Secret service agents rushed to the East Walnut Hills residence in the early hours of Monday, and a suspect has been taken into custody
'Eat S**t!': Trump's V-P Vance Loses Cool At Personal Attacks On Wife Usha, Says 'Enough Is Enough'
In a post on X, Vance said, "I appreciate everyone's well wishes about the attack at our home. As far as I can tell, a crazy person tried to break in by hammering the windows. I'm grateful to the secret service and the Cincinnati police for responding quickly. "He made a request to media houses and said, "We try to protect our kids as much as possible from the realities of this life of public service. In that light, I am skeptical of the news value of plastering images of our home with holes in the windows."

Where was Vance when his house attacked?

Vance, in his tweet, informed that at the time of attack, he was not present at the home. He was in the Washington DC. In a post on X, Vance said, "We weren't even home as we had returned already to DC."
Last week, Vice President Vance did not join Trump and other senior administration officials at Mar-a-Lago to watch the America's operation in Venezuela unfold, amid concerns that his presence could compromise operational security.Instead, the vice president monitored the operation via a secure video conference before flying back to Cincinnati once it concluded. His office said he was “deeply integrated in the process and planning”.In a statement, Vance’s office said that due “to increased security concerns, the administration has aimed to limit the frequency and duration of the vice president and president being co-located away from the White House”.
Police and secret service personnel were seen inside the property after the incident, though it is believed that neither Vance nor his family were at home at the time of the attack.The incident came after heightened security in the area over the New Year holidays. Roads surrounding Vance’s residence had been closed for several days until Sunday, with checkpoints set up and residents asked to expect law enforcement presence, according to city officials.

author
About the AuthorTOI World Desk

At TOI World Desk, our dedicated team of seasoned journalists and passionate writers tirelessly sifts through the vast tapestry of global events to bring you the latest news and diverse perspectives round the clock. With an unwavering commitment to accuracy, depth, and timeliness, we strive to keep you informed about the ever-evolving world, delivering a nuanced understanding of international affairs to our readers. Join us on a journey across continents as we unravel the stories that shape our interconnected world.

End of Article
Follow Us On Social Media