4 friends killed, 2 critically injured as car rams combine harvester machine in UP
LUCKNOW: Four persons were killed and two others sustained critical injuries after a speeding car rammed into a combine harvester on the Bahraich-Nanpara road in the wee hours of Monday in Bahraich district.
The accident took place near Digwa petrol pump under Matera police station limits, around 30 kilometres from the district headquarters.
According to police, the combine harvester was stationed along the roadside and had suddenly started turning towards the road when the car coming from the opposite direction crashed into it head-on.
The impact of the collision was so severe that the car was thrown nearly six feet away and overturned into roadside bushes. The front portion of the vehicle was completely mangled, its roof was ripped off, and the seven-foot-long car was crushed to nearly four feet in length. The driver reportedly suffered a severe jaw injury.
Police said six friends from Bahraich were travelling in the Tata Punch from Nanpara towards Bahraich when the accident occurred at around 12.40 am.
Locals rushed to the spot after hearing the loud crash, while the combine driver abandoned the vehicle and fled.
A rescue operation lasting nearly half an hour was carried out by police teams led by Superintendent of Police Vishwajeet Srivastava, SP Rural Durga Prasad Tiwari, and Matera SHO Harikesh Singh. Officers had to struggle to pull out the trapped occupants from the wreckage, which was filled with blood.
Four occupants died on the spot and were identified as Ashwani Srivastava, Altaf Ahmad, Anil Kumar, and Mahendra. The injured, identified as Vikas Srivastava and Shivam Srivastava, were initially taken to Nanpara Community Health Centre before being referred to the district hospital due to their critical condition.
Police personnel themselves shifted the bodies to the mortuary and ensured the injured were rushed to hospital.
SP Vishwajeet Srivastava said preliminary investigation suggested that the collision with the combine harvester caused the accident. He said further investigation was underway and legal action would be taken accordingly.
SHO Harikesh Singh said efforts were on to trace the absconding combine driver and necessary legal proceedings had been initiated.
The impact of the collision was so severe that the car was thrown nearly six feet away and overturned into roadside bushes. The front portion of the vehicle was completely mangled, its roof was ripped off, and the seven-foot-long car was crushed to nearly four feet in length. The driver reportedly suffered a severe jaw injury.
Police said six friends from Bahraich were travelling in the Tata Punch from Nanpara towards Bahraich when the accident occurred at around 12.40 am.
A rescue operation lasting nearly half an hour was carried out by police teams led by Superintendent of Police Vishwajeet Srivastava, SP Rural Durga Prasad Tiwari, and Matera SHO Harikesh Singh. Officers had to struggle to pull out the trapped occupants from the wreckage, which was filled with blood.
Four occupants died on the spot and were identified as Ashwani Srivastava, Altaf Ahmad, Anil Kumar, and Mahendra. The injured, identified as Vikas Srivastava and Shivam Srivastava, were initially taken to Nanpara Community Health Centre before being referred to the district hospital due to their critical condition.
SP Vishwajeet Srivastava said preliminary investigation suggested that the collision with the combine harvester caused the accident. He said further investigation was underway and legal action would be taken accordingly.
SHO Harikesh Singh said efforts were on to trace the absconding combine driver and necessary legal proceedings had been initiated.
Comments
Be the first to share a thought and become theFirst Voiceof this News Article
end of article
In Lucknow
- Lucknow metro East-West Corridor gets cabinet nod for MoU execution
- ‘LPG backlog down to 5.4 days in UP'
- UP Police gunned down 289 criminals in encounters, Meerut zone on top
- Multiple arrests in UP after encounters; weapons and loot seized
- UP NEET aspirant claims she was raped for days, burnt with cigarettes
- India averted fuel crisis despite two global wars in 4 yrs: Puri
- SGPGI docs remove peanut lodged in toddler’s airway for 20 days
Featured In City
- 'You cannot control me': Mother-in-law says Twisha Sharma acted impulsively after pregnancy, was physically beating herself
- Twisha Sharma terminated pregnancy after consuming large quantity of marijuana: Mother-in-law's explosive claim
- 42 properties, zero tax paid? Suvendu Adhikari puts Abhishek Banerjee's property empire under scanner
- ‘Wolves in sheep’s clothing’: Family of Twisha Sharma hits back at ex-judge, calls her ‘schizophrenic’
- At 94, Deve Gowda defies age and ailments to stay at heart of politics
- What happens after a woman makes that helpline call
- Pune horror: Four men arrested after lawyer complains of sexual harassment in car
Photostories
- Traditional Indian cooling methods that still work today
- Last chance! 5 tiger safaris to experience in India before the wildlife season ends in June
- Navjot Singh Sidhu’s ₹25 crore luxury mansion in Amritsar is defined by cricket success, ancient trees, and palace-style interiors
- Who is Josh Heuston? Inside the rise of 'Off Campus' breakout star Justin Kohl
- Art quote of the day by Pablo Picasso: "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"
- From samosas to dokla: 10 common Indian snacks and how many calories they contain
- What Gurukul education taught children that modern schools often miss
- PCOS isn’t only a fertility issue anymore: The hidden metabolic risks women must know
- Huma Qureshi closed Cannes 2026 with a show-stopping velvet moment
- Thought of the day inspired by Bhagavad Gita: Let go without losing compassion
Videos
03:19 “Fuel Prices Rise Again”: Petrol, Diesel Rates Hiked Across India Amid Global Oil Surge03:19 Tamil Nadu CM Vijay Pays Tribute To Former LTTE Chief Prabhakaran On Death Anniversary- India’s Agni Missile Journey: Could Agni-VI Become A 10,000 KM ICBM?
03:04 Suvendu Adhikari Says ED Granted Sanction To Prosecute Sandeep Ghosh In R.G. Kar Case03:07 Norwegian Reporters Question India On Trust And PM Modi’s Media Interactions During Oslo Visit07:07 India Invites Norway For Big Investment Push In Shipbuilding And Green Energy Sectors09:09 'Time Has Come': Suvendu's 'Deportation' Warning In Bhabanipur, Vows Action Over Kolkata Violence04:43 Delhi High Court Denies Interim Relief To Vinesh Phogat, Wrestler Barred From Asian Games Trials- “India Is Now Naxal-Free”: Home Minister Amit Shah Declares End Of Maoist Insurgency From Bastar
Hot Picks
Top Trends
Up Next
Follow Us On Social Media