• News
  • 'New Sunrise': Amit Shah Unveils Bastar Development Push, Slams Previous Congress Govt

'New Sunrise': Amit Shah Unveils Bastar Development Push, Slams Previous Congress Govt

| May 19, 2026, 06:59:51 PM | TOI.in
  • Share
Union Home Minister Amit Shah visited Bastar and said the region has become free of Naxalism, crediting security forces and the BJP government in Chhattisgarh for the development. Addressing a press conference in Jagdalpur, Shah said people in Bastar are now living without fear and highlighted the Veer Gundadhur Seva Dera initiative aimed at development and employment generation in the region. He announced that around 70 of nearly 200 security camps set up earlier in Bastar would be converted into Seva Deras in the first phase. Shah also outlined plans focusing on skill development, self-employment, education, government and private jobs, along with cooperative-based opportunities for farmers and women. He also criticised the previous Congress government in Chhattisgarh over the anti-Naxal campaign.

Top Viral Videos

Short Videos