Buxar: Superintendent of police (SP) Shubham Arya on Friday handed over 64 recovered mobile phones to their owners. The estimated value of the recovered phones is around Rs13 lakh.
Addressing the mobile owners, the SP said the recovery was made under the 19th phase of ‘Operation Muskan’. He said that the Buxar Police have so far recovered and returned 1,605 lost or stolen mobile phones to their original owners during the campaign.
“Operation Muskan is helping strengthen public trust in the police. Continuous technical investigation and coordinated efforts by the police teams have made these recoveries possible,” Arya said.
He added that the recovery of lost or stolen mobile phones is carried out on the basis of complaints lodged at different police stations in the district. The SP further said the drive would continue and that police would soon begin recovering stolen or lost motorcycles as well. The people who received their phones expressed happiness and thanked the police administration for the initiative.
“I had almost lost hope of getting my phone back. I am thankful to Buxar Police for their prompt action,” said mobile phone owner Ravi Kumar from Buxar town. Another beneficiary, Neha Kumari, said, “Getting my mobile phone back gives me a big relief. The police worked sincerely and helped us a lot.”
Based in Buxar, covering a wide range of district-level news, inc...
Read MoreBased in Buxar, covering a wide range of district-level news, including neighbouring regions of Uttar Pradesh. Contributing to The Times of India since 2001, and also writes for Dance of Democracy.
Read Less
Follow Us On Social Media