TNN
Chennai: Chief minister C
Joseph Vijay on Saturday said he had ordered a swift and intensive investigation into the abduction and
murder of a 10-year-old girl in Coimbatore and assured that those involved in crimes against women and children would face severe punishment under the law.
The incident of abduction and murder came to light on Friday when the body of the girl was found near a water body in Coimbatore. Post-mortem was completed on Saturday and the body was handed over to the parents. Police also arrested two persons in connection with the incident.
Describing the incident as “painful and shocking”, Vijay said such “inhuman and unforgivable crimes” could never be accepted in society. He expressed condolences to the bereaved family and said he shared their grief over the loss of the child.
Stating that two persons were arrested in connection with the case, Vijay said police had been directed to conduct a speedy probe and take all necessary steps to file the chargesheet immediately.
“The Tamil Nadu govt will act firmly to ensure strict punishment for those involved in atrocities against women and children. All immediate and necessary measures will be taken,” he said.