• News
  • Sports News
  • NFL News
  • Bad Bunny’s museum visit sparks controversy weeks before his Super Bowl halftime show, singer slammed for touching ancient artifact

Bad Bunny’s museum visit sparks controversy weeks before his Super Bowl halftime show, singer slammed for touching ancient artifact

Bad Bunny’s museum visit sparks controversy weeks before his Super Bowl halftime show, singer slammed for touching ancient artifact
Bad Bunny draws backlash over museum photo.Image via: Getty
Bad Bunny’s world tour ended with a moment offstage that has now put him in the spotlight for a reason he had not expected. While visiting a museum in Mexico City, the global star shared a photo that quickly sparked backlash and raised questions about responsibility and respect for history.The incident happened in mid-December, just as Bad Bunny wrapped up his Debí Tirar Más Fotos World Tour. During a visit to the National Institute of Anthropology and History, he posted an image of himself placing his hand on a carved Maya stone slab. The artifact is believed to date back to between 250 and 900 AD and features rulers and hieroglyphic inscriptions.

Bad Bunny slammed for museum photo as he gets ready for the Super Bowl halftime show

The National Institute of Anthropology and History reacted fast and reminded the singer that “physical contact with archaeological goods is prohibited,” stressing that touching such items can threaten their preservation and long-term condition. Under Mexico’s Federal Law on Monuments, touching or damaging archaeological artifacts is forbidden and can lead to fines or even imprisonment.Online criticism followed quickly. Bad Bunny later deleted the photo, but the backlash had already spread widely. The timing of the controversy is notable. Bad Bunny is preparing to headline the Super Bowl LX halftime show on February 8, 2026, at Levi’s Stadium in California.
It will be his second Super Bowl appearance after a guest spot in 2020.Speaking about the opportunity, Bad Bunny had said, “This is for those who came before me and ran countless yards so I could come in and score a touchdown.” He added, “This is for my people, my culture, and our history.” The halftime show will air on NBC, Telemundo, and Peacock.The announcement has already drawn mixed reactions. Former President Donald Trump criticized the decision, calling it “ridiculous” and “crazy.” Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said law enforcement would be present at the event through ICE agents. On the other side, Jay-Z praised the booking, saying, “What Benito has done and continues to do for Puerto Rico is truly inspiring,” and called the performance a cultural milestone on “the world's biggest stage.As Bad Bunny continues to juggle massive fame and public scrutiny, the museum incident has become a reminder that every move is closely watched. With the Super Bowl approaching, many fans and critics alike are now paying attention not just to the performance ahead, but to how he carries himself off the stage as well.Also read: Super Bowl 2026: Avengers: Doomsday trailer, Bad Bunny performance and what else to expect

End of Article
Follow Us On Social Media