Michael Chandler waited.
Conor McGregor teased. Fans believed the fight was finally coming. But last week, everything changed. Michael Chandler, who has been chasing a long-promised fight with Conor McGregor, has now spoken out after UFC president Dana White shut the door on that matchup. For months, Chandler stayed patient and hopeful. The buzz only grew stronger when U.S. president Donald Trump announced that the UFC plans to host a special event at the White House on June 14. Soon after, Conor McGregor publicly said he wanted to fight on that historic card.
That news felt like a gift for Chandler. He has been waiting for McGregor’s return and believed this was the moment when their rivalry would finally end inside the cage. Chandler even said he felt more confident than ever that the fight would happen. But just days later, Dana White delivered a tough message that changed everything.
Michael Chandler reacts after Dana White rules out fight with Conor McGregor
While promoting upcoming UFC events and the organization’s new media deal with Paramount, Dana White spoke openly about future plans. During those interviews, he made it clear that a fight between Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler is no longer on the table.
White said the matchup was exciting “a couple of years ago,” but not now.
Not long after those comments, Conor McGregor responded. The former two-division UFC champion said he is ready to fight anyone and told the UFC to choose his opponent. Still, Dana White’s words made it clear that Chandler is not that choice.
As that news spread, new rumors started online. Fans began talking about a possible fight between Conor McGregor and Jorge Masvidal. Masvidal, a former UFC star known as “Gamebred,” hinted on social media that big news was coming about the White House event. He later said he could not confirm or deny talks with McGregor but admitted discussions were happening.
Amid all the noise, Michael Chandler finally broke his silence. Posting on X, Chandler reacted with humor and frustration. He wrote, “How easy is it to get a headline these days: ‘I cannot confirm nor deny’ about ANYTHING. Yeah, I cannot confirm nor deny if I landed on the moon last week.”
For now, it is still unclear if Conor McGregor will even fight on the White House card. The 37-year-old has shared recent training photos on social media, showing he is in strong shape and preparing for a possible return. But no opponent has been confirmed, and no official announcement has been made by the UFC.