Continue Reading on TOI App
Open
OPEN APP

Lockdown in Vizianagaram till August 15

The Vizianagaram district administration on Friday extended the l... Read More
VISAKHAPATNAM: The

Vizianagaram

district administration on Friday

extended

the

lockdown

in Vizianagaram town and in some other parts of the district till August 15.


District collector M Hari Jawaharlal said in view of the increasing number of Covid-19 cases and the safety of the people in the district, the administration has decided to extend the lockdown.

With 388 new Covid-19 cases reported in the past 24 hours, Vizianagaram district crossed the 4,000-mark on Friday. The district has so far reported 56 Covid-19 deaths and has a caseload of 4,204. At present, active Covid-19 cases stand at 2,261 while 1,887 patients have recovered and been discharged.

Traders and businessmen in Vizianagaram,

Paravathipuram

,

Bobbili

and Saluru will keep their establishments open from 7am to 1 pm from August 1. “We are appealing to the people to support the officials and follow lockdown norms to contain the spread of the virus,” Hari Jawaharlal added.

Police said despite a hit in business, traders in Vizianagaram town have extended their support to the lockdown. Most shops in the district have stayed open only during the permitted hours.

Superintendent of police (SP), Vizianagaram, B Raja Kumari said the administration has seen tremendous support from traders and residents. “We are hoping for the same support till the end of the lockdown,” Raja Kumari added. Police said cases will be registered against persons found roaming on the streets without a valid reason and those not wearing masks.

Traders and businessmen will keep their shops open from 7 am to 1 pm from August 1. Cases will be registered against persons found roaming on the streets.

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information