Jaipur: Selected candidates of the Sub-Inspector (SI) Recruitment Examination-2021 have approached the
Supreme Court, challenging the
Rajasthan High Court’s decision to cancel the entire recruitment process over widespread paper leaks and irregularities. The candidates filed a Special Leave Petition (SLP) Friday, seeking restoration of the recruitment process and protection of their selections.
Unsuccessful candidates had already filed a caveat in the Supreme Court, ensuring that the court will hear their side before passing any order. The matter is likely to be listed for hearing in the second week of May.
In their plea, the selected candidates argued that scrapping the entire recruitment is “unjustified and disproportionate”. The petition filed by Ajeet Singh Rajput and others states that candidates who were selected through a fair and transparent process should not be penalised for irregularities committed by others.
The petition says action should be taken only against those found guilty of malpractice, including cheating or involvement in paper leaks, rather than invalidating the entire selection process. The petitioners further submitted that punishing all selected candidates for the wrongdoing of a few violates principles of natural justice.
They said the high court’s decision has left the future of selected candidates uncertain, causing distress and jeopardising their careers.
The high court’s single bench, on Aug 28, 2025, cancelled the SI Recruitment-2021, citing paper leaks and irregularities in the selection process. This decision was subsequently upheld by a division bench on April 4. The bench, headed by Acting Chief Justice SP Sharma, dismissed appeals filed by the state govt and the selected candidates, thereby affirming the cancellation of the 2021 recruitment process.