This story is from July 26, 2012

Nine Kirori Mal College entrants told to prove they applied in time

Nine first-year students of Kirori Mal College are in the dock. The college on Wednesday served notices to them, threatening to cancel their admissions if they do not submit proof by 2pm on Thursday that they had applied for the courses where they were provisionally admitted.
Nine Kirori Mal College entrants told to prove they applied in time
NEW DELHI: Nine first-year students of Kirori Mal College are in the dock. The college on Wednesday served notices to them, threatening to cancel their admissions if they do not submit proof by 2pm on Thursday that they had applied for the courses where they were provisionally admitted.
They were taken in upon verification by the office of dean, students’ welfare.
1x1 polls
The college also sent a reminder to the dean of students’ welfare about its letters dated July 3 and 4 that demanded proof of application of the nine students.
The college has been alleging that despite repeated reminders and even after three weeks, the DSW has failed to furnish proof of these nine students, whose names are missing from the CD compiled by Delhi University containing the list of applicants.
Six of these students have an aggregate of 92% and above. They had approached KMC when the third cutoff had come out. During verification, it was found that their names were not there in the data (specifying which course (s) and college (s) the aspirants had applied for) provided by the DSW office. The students then approached the DSW office, which “verified” their application and asked KMC to admit them.
The college, meanwhile, wrote to the DSW on July 3, 4 and 5, asking for the specific source of information based on which verification was done.
When DSW did not tender proof even after 20 days, KMC’s staff council on July 24, alleging that there is ample scope of malpractices, observed that these nine admissions cannot be approved until proof is submitted.
“All we have been asking from the DSW is proof that these applications are not incomplete and were made on time. The DSW verified that online applications of the students were incomplete as there was no choice of college or course. The information about these students was not in the CD sent to us by DSW. How can we be sure that they did not apply after the last date for application had passed? Even after 20 days, DSW has not given us proof. If there is any problem, it is the college administration that will be held responsible,” said principal of KMC Bhim Sen Singh.
In the replies, DSW office remained elusive on the source of the data, although it maintained that the forms had been verified and received within deadline. “Everything happened as per procedure and students will not suffer. Beyond that I don’t want to speak to the media on this issue,” said J M Khurana, DSW.
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA