US targets suspected drug-terror vessel off Venezuela; six killed in strike, Trump says — Watch
The has targeted a vessel, accusing it of being affiliated with a " (DTO)" conducting in the USSOUTHCOM area of responsibility, just off the Coast of Venezuela, and killed six people who were on that boat, President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday.
Trump claimed that defence secretary Pete Hegseth ordered the strike Tuesday morning and released a video of the operation, continuing his previous actions.
He asserted that the strike occurred in international waters and that “Intelligence” confirmed the vessel was involved in narcotics trafficking, linked to “narcoterrorist networks,” and was operating on a recognised drug trafficking route.
"Under my Standing Authorities as Commander-in-Chief, this morning, the Secretary of War, ordered a lethal kinetic strike on a vessel affiliated with a Designated Terrorist Organization (DTO) conducting narcotrafficking in the USSOUTHCOM area of responsibility — just off the Coast of Venezuela," he said in a post on Truth Social.
"Intelligence confirmed the vessel was trafficking narcotics, was associated with illicit narcoterrorist networks, and was transiting along a known DTO route. The strike was conducted in International Waters, and six male narcoterrorists aboard the vessel were killed in the strike. No U.S. Forces were harmed," he added.
This marks the fifth fatal strike in the Caribbean as the Trump administration maintains that it is treating alleged drug traffickers as unlawful combatants who must be countered with military force. Growing frustration with the administration has been evident on Capitol Hill among members of both major political parties.
Several Republicans are requesting more information from the White House regarding the legal justification and specifics of the strikes. Meanwhile, Democrats argue that the strikes contravene US and international law.
Last week, the Senate voted on a war powers resolution intended to prevent the Trump administration from conducting such strikes without explicit congressional approval, but the resolution did not pass. In a memo to Congress obtained by
The Associated Press, the Trump administration stated it had “determined that the United States is in a non-international armed conflict with these designated terrorist organisations” and that Trump directed the Pentagon to “conduct operations against them pursuant to the law of armed conflict.”
However, the Trump administration has not yet provided lawmakers with the underlying evidence to substantiate that the boats targeted by the US military in these fatal strikes were indeed transporting narcotics, according to two US officials familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
The strikes followed an unprecedented buildup of US maritime forces in the Caribbean.
Last week, Venezuelan Defence Minister Vladimir Padrino informed military leaders that the US government is aware that the drug-trafficking allegations used to justify recent actions in the Caribbean are false, with the true aim being to “force a regime change” in the South American nation.
He added that the Venezuelan government does not view the deployment of US warships as a mere “propaganda-like action” and cautioned against potential escalation. “I want to warn the population: We have to prepare ourselves because the irrationality with which the US empire operates is not normal,” Padrino stated during a televised gathering. “It’s anti-political, anti-human, warmongering, rude, and vulgar.”
He asserted that the strike occurred in international waters and that “Intelligence” confirmed the vessel was involved in narcotics trafficking, linked to “narcoterrorist networks,” and was operating on a recognised drug trafficking route.
"Under my Standing Authorities as Commander-in-Chief, this morning, the Secretary of War, ordered a lethal kinetic strike on a vessel affiliated with a Designated Terrorist Organization (DTO) conducting narcotrafficking in the USSOUTHCOM area of responsibility — just off the Coast of Venezuela," he said in a post on Truth Social.
"Intelligence confirmed the vessel was trafficking narcotics, was associated with illicit narcoterrorist networks, and was transiting along a known DTO route. The strike was conducted in International Waters, and six male narcoterrorists aboard the vessel were killed in the strike. No U.S. Forces were harmed," he added.
Several Republicans are requesting more information from the White House regarding the legal justification and specifics of the strikes. Meanwhile, Democrats argue that the strikes contravene US and international law.
Last week, the Senate voted on a war powers resolution intended to prevent the Trump administration from conducting such strikes without explicit congressional approval, but the resolution did not pass. In a memo to Congress obtained by
The Associated Press, the Trump administration stated it had “determined that the United States is in a non-international armed conflict with these designated terrorist organisations” and that Trump directed the Pentagon to “conduct operations against them pursuant to the law of armed conflict.”
However, the Trump administration has not yet provided lawmakers with the underlying evidence to substantiate that the boats targeted by the US military in these fatal strikes were indeed transporting narcotics, according to two US officials familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
The strikes followed an unprecedented buildup of US maritime forces in the Caribbean.
Last week, Venezuelan Defence Minister Vladimir Padrino informed military leaders that the US government is aware that the drug-trafficking allegations used to justify recent actions in the Caribbean are false, with the true aim being to “force a regime change” in the South American nation.
He added that the Venezuelan government does not view the deployment of US warships as a mere “propaganda-like action” and cautioned against potential escalation. “I want to warn the population: We have to prepare ourselves because the irrationality with which the US empire operates is not normal,” Padrino stated during a televised gathering. “It’s anti-political, anti-human, warmongering, rude, and vulgar.”
Top Comment
S
Suresh Iyengar
4 hours ago
Selectively killing few drug suppliers will only increase the price of drugs and give bigger profits to well organised drug Mafia. If he is genuinely interested, then he should promote death penalty for all commercial drug trafficking throughout the world in all countries like Indonesia, Singapore and many Islamic countries. Why show leniency to drug dealers, who target innocents and destroy families.Read allPost comment
Popular from World
- Illegally kept secret files, met Chinese officials: Indian-origin US expert Ashley Tellis arrested; what we know
- ‘Brics was an attack on dollar’: Donald Trump explains why he imposed tariffs; claims members are dropping out
- Pak-Afghan clashes: Heavy fighting in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa leaves senior commander dead; Taliban posts damaged
- ‘Hostile act’: Trump says considering terminating business with China; threatens to end cooking oil trade
- 'Disappointed with Putin': Trump slams Russian President over Ukraine war; calls conflict 'biggest since World War II'
end of article
Trending Stories
- Justin Trudeau had been 'pursuing' Katy Perry since July; source reveals he 'even flew to California' as yacht pictures go viral
- Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal net worth in 2025: Who is richer, tennis career, endorsements and more
- Amazon, Nvidia and Tesla hit as Donald Trump's China Tariff announcement wipes $770 billion from tech megacaps in biggest-ever single day fall since April
- Did Patrick Mahomes really boycott Bad Bunny for Charlie Kirk? The truth behind the viral post
- “I'm going to be alone raising these kids” - Gabrielle Union shared her biggest fear when Dwyane Wade was diagnosed with life threatening cancer
- Who is Zach Yadegari? An 18-year-old rejected by Ivy Leagues, now the founder of a million dollar AI empire
- World’s fastest woman Melissa Jefferson Wooden humiliates 100 college boys in MrBeast’s viral YouTube challenge
Featured in world
- 'Slopadopoulos': Trump mocks ABC News host over JD Vance interview
- Deadly landslides and flooding cut off 300 communities in Mexico
- 'No reasonable notice': Judge blocks land transfer for Trump's presidential library
- 'Disappointed with Putin': Trump slams Russian President over Ukraine war
- AFC 2025: Qatar defeats UAE 2–1 to qualify for FIFA World Cup 2026; is this the end of UAE?
- Gaza crackdown: Hamas posts video of public execution of 'collaborators and outlaws'; 4 hostages’ remains return to Israel
Photostories
- 6 foods that help regulate blood sugar naturally
- Diwali 2025: Eat and repeat sweet treats made with oats
- Sara-Ibrahim to Janhvi-Khushi: When Bollywood’s brother–sister duos turn fashion into family tradition
- 5 of the most beautiful parrot species in the world
- Vitamin D toxicity: Hidden dangers, signs, and symptoms, and how to reverse it safely and naturally
- 5 parenting habits that quietly build a lifelong love for learning
- Weight loss: Follow these 7 strategies for the next 7 days to lose 2-3kgs
- How Kajol reshaped Bollywood’s idea of a leading lady
- 9 broccoli dishes packed with fiber & iron for a light dinner
- Birthday special: Fun facts about Sai Dharam Tej
Videos
04:44 Republican Women Revolt: Greene, Boebert, Mace Take On ‘Weak Men’ In GOP Leadership03:39 Big EMBARRASSMENT! Kristi Noem’s Govt Shutdown Video BANNED By Several US Airports04:40 Trump Threatens Spain with NATO Expulsion and Tariffs Over Defence Spending Defiance | Watch19:54 A Storm Of Emotion: Erika Kirk Lifts The Veil On Charlie’s ‘Big Secret’ | Watch06:38 US Attacks 5th Narco Vessel Off Venezuela’s Coast; Maduro Fumes, Takes Big Pledge03:37 ‘BRICS Attack On Dollar’: Trump Loses Cool At Putin’s Allies Over De-dollarisation Bid | Watch42:23 FULL: Trump’s 1st Attack On Putin Amid Russia’s Fury Over Tomahawk Missiles For Kyiv | ‘Looking Bad’03:00 Zelensky Fights Internal Rift Amid Putin's War; Cracks Whip On Odesa Mayor Over 'Russian Passport'03:26 Trump Shoots Ultimatum To Hamas After Announcing Phase 2 Of Gaza Deal | ‘If You Don’t Disarm…’
Up Next