'Trump had nothing to do with Epstein files': DOJ defends redacting US president’s photo, then republishes it
US deputy attorney General Todd Blanche has insisted that the Justice Department’s decision to remove over a dozen photographs from the recent release of Jeffrey Epstein files “has nothing to do with President [Donald] Trump.”
He said the move came at the request of victim advocacy groups, according to NBC News.
The photos were re-released by the DOJ. In a post on X, the department said: "The Southern District of New York flagged an image of President Trump for potential further action to protect victims."
It added: "Out of an abundance of caution, the Department of Justice temporarily removed the image for further review. After the review, it was determined there is no evidence that any Epstein victims are depicted in the photograph, and it has been reposted without any alteration or redaction."
Blanche explained that the photographs were taken down on Saturday only temporarily and included un-redacted images of women. “The photo will go back up” once Justice Department officials complete their review and determine whether further redactions are needed.
On Saturday, NBC News confirmed that 15 images released on Friday had been removed from the department’s website.
One of the removed files included a photo of a tabletop covered in framed pictures of Epstein with famous individuals, including printed photos of Trump with women in bathing suits inside an open drawer. “
Blanche told NBC News’ Meet the Press on Sunday DOJ is still investigating that particular photo: "We don’t have perfect information. And so when, when we hear from victims-rights groups about this type of photograph, we pull it down and investigate. We’re still investigating that photo. The photo will go back up, and the only question is whether there will be redactions on the photo.”
Blanche also pushed back against criticism from Democrats over the Justice Department’s partial release of the Epstein files on Friday, which was the deadline under the Epstein Files Transparency Act set 30 days ago. He said delays were necessary to protect victims and their privacy.
Lawmaker Ro Khanna was disappointed with the partial release and called on Blanche and Attorney General Pam Bondi to agree on the full release. Dick Durbin and Shri Thanedar criticised the department for violating the law and condemned the lack of transparency initially promised by MAGA base.
Republican Thomas Massie called the removal of documents “government lies,” while former Trump aide Marjorie Taylor Greene criticised the slow release, posting that it was “NOT MAGA.”
Blanche pushed back against all claims of a cover-up. “I have no reason to believe that the lawyers that were working on this case were talking about President Trump, because he had nothing to do with the Epstein files. He had nothing to do with the horrific crimes that Mr. Epstein committed,” he said.
He reiterated that DOJ is not withholding information intentionally: “We are not redacting information around President Trump, around any other individual involved with Mr. Epstein, and that narrative, which is not based on fact at all, is completely false.”
The photos were re-released by the DOJ. In a post on X, the department said: "The Southern District of New York flagged an image of President Trump for potential further action to protect victims."
It added: "Out of an abundance of caution, the Department of Justice temporarily removed the image for further review. After the review, it was determined there is no evidence that any Epstein victims are depicted in the photograph, and it has been reposted without any alteration or redaction."
On Saturday, NBC News confirmed that 15 images released on Friday had been removed from the department’s website.
One of the removed files included a photo of a tabletop covered in framed pictures of Epstein with famous individuals, including printed photos of Trump with women in bathing suits inside an open drawer. “
Blanche also pushed back against criticism from Democrats over the Justice Department’s partial release of the Epstein files on Friday, which was the deadline under the Epstein Files Transparency Act set 30 days ago. He said delays were necessary to protect victims and their privacy.
Lawmaker Ro Khanna was disappointed with the partial release and called on Blanche and Attorney General Pam Bondi to agree on the full release. Dick Durbin and Shri Thanedar criticised the department for violating the law and condemned the lack of transparency initially promised by MAGA base.
Republican Thomas Massie called the removal of documents “government lies,” while former Trump aide Marjorie Taylor Greene criticised the slow release, posting that it was “NOT MAGA.”
Blanche pushed back against all claims of a cover-up. “I have no reason to believe that the lawyers that were working on this case were talking about President Trump, because he had nothing to do with the Epstein files. He had nothing to do with the horrific crimes that Mr. Epstein committed,” he said.
He reiterated that DOJ is not withholding information intentionally: “We are not redacting information around President Trump, around any other individual involved with Mr. Epstein, and that narrative, which is not based on fact at all, is completely false.”
Top Comment
A
Alka Bhatia
8 hours ago
ठठमानव दॠह ठा बड़ा वॠयापारॠ, ठॠया ठादॠठर ठयाठपनॠठॠà¤à¤ वान समठनॠवालॠठठॠ, ठितनॠठसानॠसॠहॠवान बना ठया।ठॠद तॠबॠठारा बलि ठा बठरा बन ठया, पर ठसठा ठमतॠठार तॠदॠठॠ, हॠवानॠठठॠठपनॠपास बॠलानॠठॠदरवाठॠठॠल ठया।ठब दॠठना यह हॠठि हॠवान ठॠतॠठठॠया ठठसान, ठस ठलयॠठठा यह महा à¤à¤¯à¤¾à¤¨à¤ ठाठड सबसॠबड़ॠठॠनॠतॠहॠठया।Read allPost comment
Popular from World
- Saudi Arabia sees rare snowfall after 30 years, desert mountains turn into winter wonderland
- Watch: Moment 'Call Of Duty' creator Vince Zampella’s Ferrari crashes in California; bursts in flame
- 'Russians losing equipment quickly': Ukrainian drone strikes soldier riding horse on battlefield - watch video
- 'India sees the chaos': Sheikh Hasina on 'reality of Yunus' Bangladesh'; blames interim govt for not protecting minorities
- MAGA's Carthage Moment? Why Donald Trump's empire might crumble because of decay within
end of article
Trending Stories
- 'Indians kept provoking Pakistan players': PCB chief Mohsin Naqvi to lodge formal complaint against India U19 boys
- Saudi Arabia sees rare snowfall after 30 years, desert mountains turn into winter wonderland
06:38 Watch: Moment 'Call Of Duty' creator Vince Zampella’s Ferrari crashes in California; bursts in flame- Unnao rape case: Delhi HC suspends jail term of Kuldeep Sengar; sets condition for bail
- 'You, your govt responsible for air situation': Delhi LG writes letter to Kejriwal; cites 11 years of neglect
- Bangladesh Unrest News Live Updates: Dhaka leader flags violence; questions Yunus
- PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline nears: How to link your PAN with Aadhaar before December 31, 2025; step-by-step guide
Featured in world
- Indian-origin woman found dead in Toronto; Canada-wide warrant issued for 32-year-old man
- Israel extends power to ban broadcasts deemed harmful to security
- UAE: Sharjah introduces special licence plates for classic vehicles and motorcycles
06:38 Watch: Moment 'Call Of Duty' creator Vince Zampella’s Ferrari crashes in California; bursts in flame- Hindu man lynched in Bangladesh: From António Guterres to Raja Krishnamoorthi - global leaders condemn killing of Dipu Chandra Das
- Adam the Woo net worth in 2025: YouTube earnings, travel career, family and sudden death at 51
Photostories
- Europe to Asia without flight: How a train journey can make it possible in around 21 days
- 8 dishes from across India that can be made with Kachi Haldi and stored
- Not just sugary drinks or packed food: 7 everyday foods that cause inflammation if not consumed right
- From Pizza to Biryani: 7 Kulhad/Matka dishes to enjoy during winter
- 5 nutritious foods that are equivalent to taking vitamin D supplement
- Shah Rukh Khan to Deepika Padukone: 5 standout Sabyasachi celebrity outfits of 2025 that ruled the red carpet
- Vicky Kaushal reveals the first film he wants his son to watch, and it’s not ‘Chhaava,’ ‘Sam Bahadur,’ or ‘Sardar Udham’
- Bengaluru aims high: Metro targets 175km network for citywide connectivity
- From Proboscis monkey to Aye-aye: 8 unusual and weird looking Primates that showcase nature’s creativity
- Christmas 2025: 10 unique and budget-friendly gift ideas for your friends and family
Videos
11:27 Putin Deploys Nuclear-Capable Missile Near NATO Territory, Confirms Belarus Leader05:45 'Bullying Practices': U.S. Slams China After Seizing Oil Tanker Amid Massive Caribbean Tensions08:37 Maduro Shuts Down Trump With 1-Line Response After U.S. Gives 2 Options To Venezuela Leader08:39 'Rats Fleeing Sinking Ship': Russian Intel Claims Ukrainian Officials Are Running Abroad | WATCH08:23 '100 Times More Powerful': Trump Unleashes Deadliest BATTLESHIP With Hypersonic Missiles & Lasers08:46 ON CAM: 'Enemy Ship' On Fire; Explosions Rock Pacific As U.S. Forces Strike From Above08:03 Venezuela Warns Of 'GLOBAL WAR' As Seizes 2nd Oil Tanker Seizure In Carribean Sea08:07 Iran Holds Missile Drill Hours After Netanyahu's Frantic Message To Trump About Possible Strikes08:25 ‘Good Luck With Aliens’: Pilot-ATC Conversation After 'UFO'-Aircraft Encounter Over Rhode Island
Up Next