Nick Shirley puts Tim Walz under fire after Minnesota childcare licensing page suddenly goes offline amid daycare fraud claim
Nick Shirley is back in the spotlight, and this time his claims are pointing straight at Minnesota’s top leaders. The YouTuber says Minnesota’s childcare system may be hiding something big. His concern came after the state’s childcare licensing page suddenly went offline. This happened about a week after he posted a viral video about alleged daycare fraud in Minnesota. Because of that timing, Shirley says the page going down does not look like a coincidence.
A screenshot of the outage was shared on X by Mary Franson, a Minnesota state representative. She publicly asked Tim Walz and the Minnesota Department of Human Services to explain what was happening.
The message on the DHS website said, “The Minnesota Department of Human Services has seen an unprecedented high volume of traffic to this website causing service disruptions and website outages. We are actively working on this issue. This message will be removed when it is resolved.”
Nick Shirley reposted Franson’s message and asked what the governor might be trying to hide. He believes the sudden outage shows his videos are forcing the state to look closely at its childcare system.
State officials also confirmed that they visited daycare centers shown in Shirley’s videos on Monday, December 29. CBS News reported that two of those centers had already shut down earlier this year.
Governor Tim Walz’s office has strongly denied Nick Shirley’s claims.
A spokesperson for Walz told Fox News that the governor is committed to stopping fraud in state programs. The spokesperson said Walz has hired an outside, third-party firm to audit government payments going into high-risk programs.
Still, Shirley continues to raise questions.
One daycare he highlighted on X, called Quality Learning Center, reportedly had a license to admit 99 children. According to Nick Shirley’s claims, the center received more than $4 million in state funding. Shirley has questioned how that money was used and whether proper checks were in place.
The commissioner of Minnesota’s Department of Children, Youth, and Families, Tikki Brown, also responded. She said, “While we have questions about some of the methods used in the video, we do take the concerns that the video raises about fraud very seriously.”
While President Donald Trump has not commented directly, the White House shared a post from U.S. Education Secretary Linda McMahon. She called the situation “a breathtaking failure that has happened under the watch” of Governor Walz.
As of now, the state says reviews are ongoing, and no official fraud charges have been announced.
Also Read: Who Is Nick Shirley? YouTuber Accused Of Exposing Minnesota Daycare Fraud In Trending Investigation
The message on the DHS website said, “The Minnesota Department of Human Services has seen an unprecedented high volume of traffic to this website causing service disruptions and website outages. We are actively working on this issue. This message will be removed when it is resolved.”
Nick Shirley reposted Franson’s message and asked what the governor might be trying to hide. He believes the sudden outage shows his videos are forcing the state to look closely at its childcare system.
State officials also confirmed that they visited daycare centers shown in Shirley’s videos on Monday, December 29. CBS News reported that two of those centers had already shut down earlier this year.
Tim Walz denies claims as Nick Shirley questions daycare funding and state oversight
Governor Tim Walz’s office has strongly denied Nick Shirley’s claims.
A spokesperson for Walz told Fox News that the governor is committed to stopping fraud in state programs. The spokesperson said Walz has hired an outside, third-party firm to audit government payments going into high-risk programs.
Still, Shirley continues to raise questions.
One daycare he highlighted on X, called Quality Learning Center, reportedly had a license to admit 99 children. According to Nick Shirley’s claims, the center received more than $4 million in state funding. Shirley has questioned how that money was used and whether proper checks were in place.
The commissioner of Minnesota’s Department of Children, Youth, and Families, Tikki Brown, also responded. She said, “While we have questions about some of the methods used in the video, we do take the concerns that the video raises about fraud very seriously.”
While President Donald Trump has not commented directly, the White House shared a post from U.S. Education Secretary Linda McMahon. She called the situation “a breathtaking failure that has happened under the watch” of Governor Walz.
As of now, the state says reviews are ongoing, and no official fraud charges have been announced.
Also Read: Who Is Nick Shirley? YouTuber Accused Of Exposing Minnesota Daycare Fraud In Trending Investigation
Popular from World
- Why Saudi Arabia and the UAE import sand from Australia despite their endless deserts
- UK condemns murders of Dipu Das and Amrit Mondal in Bangladesh
- Who was Tatiana Schlossberg? John F Kennedy's granddaughter dead at 35 due to cancer
- Nobody feeling sorry for H-1Bs stuck in India: US immigration expert says companies are not waiting for them
- 'If you break law...': US embassy in India's year-end warning amid visa delays
end of article
Trending Stories
- NRI dies after pistol in waist misfires in Punjab's Fazilka district
03:02 'Remove 10-minute delivery option': Gig workers launch nationwide strike on New Year's Eve; demand change in pay structure- Woman raped, assaulted & thrown out of van in Faridabad; gets 12 stitches on her face
- AIBE 20 Result 2025 Live Updates: Scorecards expected to be released soon, Check details here
- Stefon Diggs scans the stands searching for Cardi B after New England Patriots’ big 42-10 win over New York Jets
- Body shrunk, dark room and more: How couple's greed for property turned UP home into 5-year prison for retired railway clerk, his daughter
- Alex Rodriguez and Jaclyn Cordeiro combined net worth in 2025: Inside the former MLB star and fitness coach’s wealth, earnings, and love story
Featured in world
- Most contagious virus detected in US: Measles case confirmed at Newark Airport; agencies issue warnings
- Turkey nationwide sweep: Istanbul arrests 125 IS suspects; coordinated raids across 25 provinces
- Hong Kong rings in 2026 without fireworks after deadliest blaze in decades
- Pakistan shutdown threat: Traders warn of strike over POS rule; protest rally held in Islamabad
04:50 Khaleda Zia’s funeral: Thousands gather in Dhaka to pay last respects — live updates- UAE: Dubai Civil Defence unveils new logo and uniform
Photostories
- Pune’s Next Game-Changer: University Road Flyover Rises To Untangle One Of The City’s Worst Traffic Knots
- 10 weird new year rituals you won't believe exist
- How to make street-style Egg Chowmein for New Year eve party
- Chennai’s Underground Push: TBM Melagiri Punches Through Beneath Perambur’s Railway Maze
- The science of longevity: Building a longer and healthier life one habit at a time
- From Akshaye Khanna’s FA9LA memes to Ram Charan’s ‘Peddi’ dance and the Coldplay kiss-cam moment: How 2025 turned pop culture into a nonstop viral loop
- How the right words can turn mistakes into learning moments
- From Jamaica’s J-type diabetes to WHO's reversal: A long-ignored form of diabetes gets official recognition
- TV child actors who changed careers later: Erik Per Sullivan, Angus T. Jones, Ben Hyland, and more
- PM Modi’s 2025: Key moments that shaped the year - in pictures
Videos
12:17 Iran’s Nuclear Leap: Tehran Announces 3 Major Achievements Amid Tensions With West & Israel23:31 'First You Championed, Now...': How Singapore PM Took 'BULLY U.S. To Cleaners On Tariffs12:51 Saudi King's Shock Warning To Israel Ally UAE If 'RED LINES' Crossed Over Yemen | 'WILL RETALIATE'09:06 Minnesota Crackdown: DOJ Raids Somali-Americans, 100 Arrested In Shocking Med 'Fraud'14:11 'Nine Aircraft Shot Down': Maduro's Big Announcement As U.S. Surrounds Venezuela | WATCH08:36 Putin Praises Ties With Saudi As Riyadh-Abu Dubai Ties Nosedive Over Yemen Bombing10:07 US Deploys 15,000 Troops, F-35 Jets To Caribbean As Trump Doubles Down On Venezuela15:46 Minnesota Funds Stopped: Big Crackdown After 'Somali Med Fraud' | Tim Walz Breaks Silence08:28 Putin Delivers 1ST Speech After 'Ukrainian Attack' On His Residence | Big Military Order Issued
Up Next
Start a Conversation
Post comment