'I'm in Dubai,' says Hadi killing suspect Dhaka accused India of sheltering
DHAKA: In a twist to the intriguing murder of Bangladeshi Islamist radical Sharif Osman Hadi, one of the alleged killers, Faisal Karim Masud alias Daud (37), has denied the charge pinned on him by the interim govt while also refuting its assertion that he slipped into India after committing the alleged crime and is holed up there.
Masud, a key suspect in the Hadi murder case and who Bangladesh claimed had escaped to India, in a video message said he was in Dubai and denied his role in the killing of Hadi, who died on Dec 18, six days after being shot in the head.
On Dec 28, Dhaka claimed two primary suspects - Masud and Alamgir Sheikh - of the Hadi case have "fled Bangladesh and crossed into the Indian state of Meghalaya with the help of local associates", inviting a rebuttal from Indian agencies, which termed the statement "fabricated and malicious". In the message, Masud said, "I, Faisal Karim Masud, want to state clearly that I am not involved in Hadi's murder in any way. This case is completely false and based on a fabricated conspiracy." "Because of this false implication, I was forced to leave the country (Bangladesh) and come to Dubai. I came here with great difficulty, even though I held a valid five-year multiple-entry Dubai visa," he said.
Also read| Osman Hadi murder: Two suspects fled to India, claim Bangladesh Police; details so far
Blames 'Jamaat elements', alleges torture on his family
Masud acknowledged that he went to Hadi's office before the shooting but insisted his relationship with the Inqilab Moncho spokesperson was strictly business related. "My family is being falsely implicated in the case and is being severely harassed and tortured, despite being completely innocent," said Masud, who accused "Jamaati elements" of killing Hadi. "He too was a product of the Jamaat," Masud said. "I did go to Hadi's office. I am a businessman; I own an IT firm, and I was previously employed at the ministry of finance. I went to meet Hadi regarding a job opportunity. He promised to arrange the job and asked for an advance payment."
"I gave him 5,00,000 taka. He also asked me to donate to his various programmes, and I provided funds whenever he requested," he added.
The video message comes as the Yunus-led govt faces Inqilab Moncho's 30-day ultimatum - which began a day after Hadi's death - to try his killers and amid accusations from various quarters that Hadi's murder was orchestrated by a section within the govt to derail the Feb national election and so was the violence after his death. Dhaka Metropolitan Police additional police commissioner (crime and operations) SN Md Nazrul Islam, who claimed Masud had escaped to India, said police are yet to submit a chargesheet. Nazrul's statement was dismissed as "unfounded" by Meghalaya DGP Idashisha Nongrang, while India's border guarding force BSF said it has neither detected nor received any report of such an incident.
Hadi, a key figure of the 2024 July Uprising, was shot in the head on Dec 12 in Dhaka. His death sparked violence in Bangladesh, including multiple attacks on Hindus.
On Dec 28, Dhaka claimed two primary suspects - Masud and Alamgir Sheikh - of the Hadi case have "fled Bangladesh and crossed into the Indian state of Meghalaya with the help of local associates", inviting a rebuttal from Indian agencies, which termed the statement "fabricated and malicious". In the message, Masud said, "I, Faisal Karim Masud, want to state clearly that I am not involved in Hadi's murder in any way. This case is completely false and based on a fabricated conspiracy." "Because of this false implication, I was forced to leave the country (Bangladesh) and come to Dubai. I came here with great difficulty, even though I held a valid five-year multiple-entry Dubai visa," he said.
Also read| Osman Hadi murder: Two suspects fled to India, claim Bangladesh Police; details so far
Blames 'Jamaat elements', alleges torture on his family
"I gave him 5,00,000 taka. He also asked me to donate to his various programmes, and I provided funds whenever he requested," he added.
The video message comes as the Yunus-led govt faces Inqilab Moncho's 30-day ultimatum - which began a day after Hadi's death - to try his killers and amid accusations from various quarters that Hadi's murder was orchestrated by a section within the govt to derail the Feb national election and so was the violence after his death. Dhaka Metropolitan Police additional police commissioner (crime and operations) SN Md Nazrul Islam, who claimed Masud had escaped to India, said police are yet to submit a chargesheet. Nazrul's statement was dismissed as "unfounded" by Meghalaya DGP Idashisha Nongrang, while India's border guarding force BSF said it has neither detected nor received any report of such an incident.
Hadi, a key figure of the 2024 July Uprising, was shot in the head on Dec 12 in Dhaka. His death sparked violence in Bangladesh, including multiple attacks on Hindus.
Top Comment
U
User
6 days ago
God punishes those who plan against any Nation putting the population in to chaos.Read allPost comment
Popular from World
- ‘Military is always an option’: Purchase or invade? Donald Trump weighs how US could acquire Greenland
- Another Hindu man dies in Bangladesh: Youth drowns in canal; was being chased by mob
- Trump 'sir' dials wrong number on India's Apache purchase
- UAE offers ‘citizenship’ to businesses under New Corporate Law 2026
- Modi, Maduro and Macron: Trump makes shocking claims about world leaders in fiery GOP speech
end of article
Trending Stories
- ‘I sit for 8 hours and pretend to work at the office,’ shares employee: Is productivity now a workplace performance?
- MLB trade rumors: New York Mets eye Kyle Tucker as favorites while Cody Bellinger and New York Yankees hit contract roadblock
- George Kittle’s grandma, Lucky, turns 103, and 49ers fans want that luck for Philly
- ‘I’m not expecting them to win’: Josh Allen faces brutal Super Bowl call as Bills enter Playoffs without safety net
- Tommy Fleetwood and Clare Fleetwood combined net worth: Inside his golf career, earnings, sponsors, family life and growing fortune
- Conor McGregor reminds Floyd Mayweather about that MMA promise everyone forgot ahead of the upcoming White House event
- Hanley Ramirez and Sanoe Ramirez’s combined net worth: Inside the former MLB star’s career earnings, contracts, and life after baseball
Featured in world
- Mehdi Hasan calls for Elon Musk's 'prosecution'; Tesla boss fires back
- 'No state has right ...': Russia furious over US seizing oil tanker; cites maritime law
- 'Don't open': Residents of Texas warned against mysterious packets shipped from China
- Who is Darren Michael? Professor fired for posting on Charlie Kirk to receive $500,000
- ‘Healthy kids do better without vaccines’: Katie Miller echoes anti-vaccination claims — video
- Max Americana: US seizes Russian-flagged oil tanker in Europe while turning heat on icy Greenland
Photostories
- 5 adorable-looking animals that are surprisingly deadly
- 5 red flags people often ignore in friendships (But shouldn't!)
- 6 classic non-vegetarian Cutlets to enjoy during winter months
- Vijay’s ‘Jana Nayagan’ to Prabhas’ ‘The Raja Saab’: Biggest South releases for Pongal 2026
- Can you guess the temples and places featured on INR 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 currency notes?
- How to add smoky flavour to winter dishes without using a tandoor at home
- "I just read somewhere that 20% of American meals are consumed in a car!" Sadhguru shares tips on the right way to eat food
- Republic Day 2026 long weekend travel ideas from Delhi-NCR; places to go, things to do
- Mumbai’s busiest suburban corridor on Western Railway is set for major safety upgrade: What we know
- Bengaluru breathes easy: Hebbal flyover cuts traffic chaos to just 2 minutes (Photos)
Videos
05:27 Khamenei ‘IMPORTS’ 800 Iraqi Gunmen To SMASH Iran Revolt As Trump Seethes At Violence | Watch11:57 Violence In Los Angeles; ‘Today Maduro, Tomorrow Xi!’: Protesters ATTACKED At Chinese Consulate | US06:59 ‘WAKE UP URSULA!’: ‘Europe Can’t Count On America Anymore,’ Ex-Foreign Chief Borrell Warns05:25 'Killer Khamenei' Chants Grip Iran, Army Chief Attacks Trump, Bibi | US Says 'HELP ON THE WAY'04:44 Trump’s ‘INVISIBLE’ Attack: How US Growler Jets Silenced Venezuela Skies Before Maduro Was Captured10:54 Iran Executes ‘Mossad Agent’, Sends Chilling Message To Israel Amid Massive Protests In Tehran07:07 Iranians Rename TRUMP STREET, Beg US For Help & Burn Khamenei Statue As Forces Kill 36 | Watch08:49 Sensational Report On Maduro’s Escape Attempt Out; ‘Venezuelan President Got Hit On Head’11:12 Trump’s Forces KILLED 75 Venezuelans In Dramatic Aerial Gunfight To Nab Maduro | BOMBSHELL Report
Up Next