‘History will tell who the traitors were’: Internal conspiracy? Maduro’s son's message after father’s capture by US
"History will tell who the traitors were," deposed Venezuelan dictator Nicolas Maduro's son Nicolas Maduro Guerra has said after his father and First Lady Cilia Flores were captured following a US military operation.
In a audio message circulated on social media, Guerra warned of possible betrayal within the ruling movement, and history would expose those responsible.
38:10
"History will tell who the traitors were, history will reveal it. We will see," Guerra said.
"We are fine, we are calm. You will see us in the streets, alongside these people. They want to see us weak; we are going to raise the banners of dignity. Does it hurt us? Of course it hurts us, of course it makes us angry, but they won't be able to, damn it! I swear to you on my life, on my mother, on Cilia: they won't be able to," he said in the audio recording, El-cooperative reported.
He also called supporters to take part in public mobilisations on January 4 and 5 to regroup and strengthen unity around the leadership. He also spoke of the need for "political and military coordination" to respond to what he described as "external aggression".
Maduro Guerra is a lawmaker from La Guaira state and member of the ruling United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV).
Also known as “The Prince,” Guerra's role is Venezuela's drug operations is detailed in newly US indictments.
According to US federal prosecutors, Guerra is a key orchestrator of a sprawling narcotics network that allegedly leveraged state assets, military personnel, and political influence to transport cocaine from Venezuela to the United States.
This comes as Nicolas Maduro and his wife Cilia Flores remain detained in the United States. They are expected to appear before a federal court in the Southern District of New York on Monday,
Maduro is facing charges related to alleged "narco-terrorism and conspiracy to traffic drugs".
Earlier on Saturday The United States launched coordinated attacks on civilian and military installations across several Venezuelan states, with US President Donald Trump claiming that President Nicolas Maduro had been captured in what he described as a “large-scale” American strike.
Both were taken from their residence, moved to the USS Iwo Jima warship, and later flown to the United States. They arrived in New York on Saturday afternoon to face criminal proceedings in US courts.
Trump DECLARES 2nd Attack On Venezuela If Maduros Deputy Delcy Disobeys; US IS IN CHARGE | FULL
"History will tell who the traitors were, history will reveal it. We will see," Guerra said.
"We are fine, we are calm. You will see us in the streets, alongside these people. They want to see us weak; we are going to raise the banners of dignity. Does it hurt us? Of course it hurts us, of course it makes us angry, but they won't be able to, damn it! I swear to you on my life, on my mother, on Cilia: they won't be able to," he said in the audio recording, El-cooperative reported.
He also called supporters to take part in public mobilisations on January 4 and 5 to regroup and strengthen unity around the leadership. He also spoke of the need for "political and military coordination" to respond to what he described as "external aggression".
Maduro Guerra is a lawmaker from La Guaira state and member of the ruling United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV).
According to US federal prosecutors, Guerra is a key orchestrator of a sprawling narcotics network that allegedly leveraged state assets, military personnel, and political influence to transport cocaine from Venezuela to the United States.
This comes as Nicolas Maduro and his wife Cilia Flores remain detained in the United States. They are expected to appear before a federal court in the Southern District of New York on Monday,
Maduro is facing charges related to alleged "narco-terrorism and conspiracy to traffic drugs".
Earlier on Saturday The United States launched coordinated attacks on civilian and military installations across several Venezuelan states, with US President Donald Trump claiming that President Nicolas Maduro had been captured in what he described as a “large-scale” American strike.
Both were taken from their residence, moved to the USS Iwo Jima warship, and later flown to the United States. They arrived in New York on Saturday afternoon to face criminal proceedings in US courts.
Top Comment
D
Devinder
6 days ago
its ok but u s will abduct your president in night operation need to be condemnedRead allPost comment
Popular from World
- JeM chief: Have thousands of suicide bombers ready to go
- How one of the driest countries, Kuwait, delivers water to millions despite no rivers or lakes
- Australia moves India into highest-risk category for student visas, cites 'emerging integrity risks'
- Bill Gates sends $7.9 billion to Melinda Gates’ nonprofit in one of the biggest charity transfers ever
- 'Stable job, high income': Man shares tips after his B1/B2 visa got approved in 2 minutes at Chennai consulate
end of article
Trending Stories
- IND vs NZ: KL Rahul leads India to 4-wicket victory in series opener
- Connor McDavid’s wife Lauren Kyle confirms delay for Sports Club Atelier x Hockey Canada Collection but promises it’s worth the wait
- What was Patrick Ricard’s net worth in 2025?
- Drew Brees and wife Brittany Brees’ combined net worth: Breaking down the couples earnings
- IND vs NZ: Controversy! Sanjay Bangar calls Hindi ‘national language of India’ on air, faces heavy backlash during 1st ODI
- 'You are not eligible for visa at this time': B1/B2 visas getting rejected in India, Redditor shares experience of Mumbai consulate
- Drama at sacked IAS Puja Khedkar’s house: Domestic help ties her and family up, sedates all, steals valuables
Featured in world
- Signal to attack Iran? Trump posts mysterious 'soon' photo and the internet goes crazy
16:18 MAGA ‘turns on’ Kristi Noem? Trump allies uneasy over ‘highly problematic’ handling of ICE shooting- From Jeff Bezos to Bill Gates: Billionaires bet on Greenland as Trump hints at taking it ‘the hard way’
- Ilhan Omar asks why ICE agent Jonathan Ross was in front of Renee Good's moving car in Minneapolis
- ‘I love immigrants’: Swedish singer slams ICE, explains why partner is barred from US
- Elon Musk's alleged ex speaks on H-1B, her 'son's sister' as people call her 'irrelevant'
Photostories
- Sobhita Dhulipala's most graceful saree looks - Pics
- How to make Instant Rava Appe for breakfast
- Cute parenting moments of Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan
- Inside Nupur Sanon and Stebin Ben's stylish Christian wedding
- Lohri 2026: 11 must-try Punjabi dishes to celebrate Lohri
- ‘The Raja Saab’: Educational qualification of the star cast
- 10 things 90s kids begged their parents for, that Gen Z will be shocked even existed
- 7 baby girl names inspired by Indian holy places that parents secretly love
- 8 countries around the world most famous for their wildlife
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s timeless saree looks that redefine elegance
Videos
16:20 'Won't Surrender To Criminal Hegemon': Cuba RETALIATES Against Trump Threat After U.S. Ultimatum14:12 Los Angeles Explodes In Anti-ICE Revolt; Clashes Rock U.S. City Amid Minneapolis Showdown12:40 Nowhere To Hide For Zelensky? Russia Unleashes A New, Deadlier Air War Over Ukraine | GERAN-5 DRONE18:22 'Troops Bled From Nose, Vomited': U.S. Accused Of Using Sonic Weapon In Venezuela To Capture Maduro11:03 Putin Outsmarts Trump? Russian Destroyer Escorts Sanctioned Ships Near NATO Territory06:21 Texas Riot Police 'ATTACK' Mob, Open NON-STOP Fire As ICE Protests Push US To Boiling Point | Watch10:18 'Our Lives For Khamenei': Thousands Of Iranians Rally In Favour Of Islamic Republic | WATCH12:19 Israeli-American Puppet or Iran’s Next Leader? Meet the Man Dreaming of Toppling Islamic Republic18:22 Nowhere To Hide For Zelensky? Russia Unleashes A New, Deadlier Air War Over Ukraine | GERAN-5 DRONE
Up Next