Read Ad Free On App
Open
OPEN APP

At least nine killed, 25 injured after car rams into Pakistan military compound

Twin blasts hit a military facility in Bannu, northwest Pakistan,... Read More
At least nine people were killed, 25 injured in a suicide attack by a military group that drove two explosive-laden cars into a Pakistani army compound on Tuesday, AFP reported quoting police.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
"So far at least six civilians have been killed in both attacks, including three children," the official said.

The twin suicide bombings targeted the military facility in Bannu, northwest Pakistan, with attackers blowing themselves up to breach the wall, officials said.

"After a breach in the wall, five to six more attackers attempted to enter the cantonment but were eliminated. Operations in the area are still ongoing," Pakistani army said in a statement.

The Pakistani Taliban-affiliated group, Jaish Al-Fursan, claimed responsibility for the attack, marking the third militant assault in Pakistan since Ramadan began on Sunday.

Jaish Al-Fursan claimed its fighters had killed dozens of security personnel in the latest attack, though the army has not confirmed casualty figures. Bannu has been a frequent target of armed groups, including a suicide car bombing in November that killed 12 troops and a July attack where a suicide bomber and gunmen targeted a military facility.
About the Author

TOI World Desk

At TOI World Desk, our dedicated team of seasoned journalists and... Read More
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT