Reportedly, the said decision on resuming regular international flights has almost been arrived at by the Civil Aviation Ministry following consultation with the Health Ministry with the decline in COVID cases. However, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation has not made any official announcement yet.
As reported earlier, the said ban remains in effect till February 28, which had been put into effect since March 23, 2020, due to the COVID crises.
However, special passenger flights have been operating between India and around 40 countries under air bubble arrangements since July 2020.
The Health Ministry, on February 14, issued revised guidelines for international arrivals, and scrapped the mandatory seven-day home quarantine and the requirement for them to undergo an RT-PCR test on the eighth day. Also, the countries listed in the ‘at risk’ category have been removed.