This story is from September 03, 2016
RJio to incumbent telcos: Fulfill connectivity obligations
NEW DELHI: Days before its commercial launch, Reliance Jio today said it has fulfilled all licence conditions for commencement of services and incumbent players should meet their obligations to provide adequate interconnection and mobile number portability facility.
Reliance Jio said it has intimated the Telecom Department, Trai and security agencies regarding the commencement of its wireless telecommunication services in all 22 service areas from September 5, 2016.
"The company has also filed the tariff plans for wireless services with Trai. With these steps, the company has fulfilled all the requirements of Unified Licence for commencement of services," an RJio release said.
"Currently, Jio test users are facing huge interconnect and MNP issues. Incumbent operators have maintained that once Jio intimates DOT and TRAI of its commencement of services in accordance with the licence conditions, they would provide adequate inter-connection facility to Jio as per Jio s requirements and Mobile Number Portability (MNP) facility," the statement added.
RJio further said it expects and hopes that following the commencement of its services, the incumbent operators would fulfil their obligations to provide adequate interconnection and MNP facility.
The company - which yesterday shook the market with its aggressive offerings including free voice calls and cheap data plans - has also threatened to report the operator-wise call failure numbers on its website www.jio.com , on a regular basis "in the spirit of putting the customer-first and complete transparency".
"Jio looks forward to cooperation and working together with the industry to achieve the vision of Digital India. We appreciate the announcements made by the incumbent operators welcoming us to the industry and assuring that they will fulfill all their regulatory obligations," it said.
Reliance Jio, the telecom venture of Reliance Industries said, it expect the incumbent operators to fulfil their regulatory obligations in "letter and spirit".
Countering cellular operators association's charges that the company was bundling its voice with data, Reliance Jio said that the "data used for the voice calls will also neither be charged nor deducted from the data balance of the subscriber."
Yesterday Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani had said that RJio customers had suffered 5 crore call failures last week due to interconnectivity issues with existing networks.
When contacted, COAI Director General, Rajan S Mathews said that that "incumbent operators will review the statement and respond accordingly".
"The company has also filed the tariff plans for wireless services with Trai. With these steps, the company has fulfilled all the requirements of Unified Licence for commencement of services," an RJio release said.
"Currently, Jio test users are facing huge interconnect and MNP issues. Incumbent operators have maintained that once Jio intimates DOT and TRAI of its commencement of services in accordance with the licence conditions, they would provide adequate inter-connection facility to Jio as per Jio s requirements and Mobile Number Portability (MNP) facility," the statement added.
RJio further said it expects and hopes that following the commencement of its services, the incumbent operators would fulfil their obligations to provide adequate interconnection and MNP facility.
Read Also:
Reliance Jio, the telecom venture of Reliance Industries said, it expect the incumbent operators to fulfil their regulatory obligations in "letter and spirit".
Countering cellular operators association's charges that the company was bundling its voice with data, Reliance Jio said that the "data used for the voice calls will also neither be charged nor deducted from the data balance of the subscriber."
Yesterday Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani had said that RJio customers had suffered 5 crore call failures last week due to interconnectivity issues with existing networks.
When contacted, COAI Director General, Rajan S Mathews said that that "incumbent operators will review the statement and respond accordingly".
Top Comment
S
Suparna Roy Sarkar
3444 days ago
A company that doesn''t care for it''s employees with poorest hr.Read allPost comment
Popular from Business
- India-US trade deal: How 18% tariff gives Delhi edge over China and others - Piyush Goyal explains
- Trump Mobile T1 not made in US; only 'limited' final assembly to happen domestically, says report
- Silver price shock: ETFs tumble 38% in 7 trading sessions— Time to invest?
- 8th Pay Commission update: Website goes live, inputs invited; top points government employees shouldn’t miss
- India-US trade deal: Farmers question import of animal feed, soybean oil
end of article
Trending Stories
- India–US trade deal: How oil still drives global power dynamics
- Record high, crash, rally, crash! Why are gold, silver prices down again after relief rally? Explained
- No more misleading ads: Supreme Court makes self-declaration mandatory before every advertisement
- $2 trillion wiped off crypto markets! Bitcoin halves since October; investor company shares sink to multiyear lows
- RBI MPC Meeting 2026 Live Updates: RBI governor Sanjay Malhotra says repo rate unchanged at 5.25%; EMIs to remain unchanged
- Crypto slide: Bitcoin falls below $70,000 for first time since Donald Trump election win, risk-off mood weighs
- US markets today: Tech-led selloff drags S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq lower; bitcoin, gold, silver fall
Photostories
- 5 effective ways to keep spiders away from your home and garden (third is a magical remedy!)
- Top 6 cheapest destinations to travel in India in 2026
- 8 types of kadhi from across India to try for lunch
- Scarlett Johansson net worth: Inside the USD 165 million fortune of Marvel’s ‘Black Widow’ star
- From Bad Bunny, Green Day to Charlie Puth: Full list of Super Bowl 60 performers
- From a massive living room to lavish bedrooms: A look at Samay Raina’s luxurious house
- PM Narendra Modi’s Panch Prana goal and the role of Shatavari and it’s importance in traditional Indian kitchens
- 7 warning signs of structural defects every homeowner should know
- ‘The Fame Game’, ‘Mrs. Deshpande’, ‘Maa Behen’: Madhuri Dixit Nene’s evolving OTT journey
- Bengaluru–coastal Karnataka to get Vande Bharat boost: What we know
Up Next