Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Wrestler Krishan now stable, advised home quarantine: SAI

Wrestler Navin Kumar who had tested positive for COVID-19 earlier... Read More
NEW DELHI:

Sports Authority of India

(SAI) on Wednesday announced that wrestler

Krishan

, who had tested positive for the coronavirus earlier, has now been advised home quarantine by doctors as he is stable and asymptomatic.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now

SAI said that Krishan's homestay has been approved by the district COVID Nodal officer.

"Wrestler #Krishan (125kg) who had tested Covid+ during the RTPCR test given by #SAI upon arrival at the #NationalCamp, & was in hospital, has now been advised home quarantine by doctors as he's stable & asymptomatic. His home stay is approved by District COVID Nodal Officer," SAI tweeted.



Earlier in the day, SAI had mistakenly tweeted that

wrestler Navin

has been discharged from the hospital which they later clarified that it was a mistake on their part.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
Krishan, Navin and Deepak Punia earlier tested positive for the virus. The three senior men's wrestlers had reported to the National Wrestling Camp at SAI Centre in Sonipat. All wrestlers were tested, upon arrival, as per the SAI SOP for the resumption of sports activities. SAI had said they have been moved to an SAI empanelled hospital as a precautionary measure.

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information