Losene Keita, nicknamed
“Black Panther,” was set to make his UFC debut in Paris, France, at Accor Arena on September 6, 2025, against veteran Patrício Pitbull. But he missed weight by 3 pounds, weighing 149 lbs, above the non-title limit of 146 lbs and the fight was called off on September 5, 2025, at the weigh-ins. The UFC pulled the match, with Keita’s weight issues officially cited as the cause. This was a major blow because UFC Paris had already lost another fight earlier in the week.
Losene Keita misses weight and Patricio Pitbull fight at UFC Paris gets cancelled
Losene Keita is a former two-division champion from Oktagon MMA. On a mid-August signing, he would be in his first fight only three weeks later.
On Friday morning, he weighed in at 149 lbs on the scale, which was too heavy for the featherweight limit, so the UFC officially cancelled the match.
This is unfortunate, because the fans were anticipating a matchup featuring Keita's fight-or-flight style versus veteran Pitbull. Dana White has never taken kindly to fighters missing weight, and this incident will add pressure to the paper thin card in Paris.
Also Read: Dana White's Net Worth In 2025, Who Is Anne White, UFC Earnings And MoreUFC Paris drama as Patricio Pitbull blasts Losene Keita for missing weight
Patrício Pitbull was not happy. In a video and interviews, he said he was ready, professional, and had no issue making weight. He felt Keita had advantages like not traveling or dealing with jet lag but still couldn’t make weight.
Pitbull called him
“unprofessional,” saying,
“He had all the advantages and still didn’t make weight… I fight for legacy, not money.” He added that instead of trying to shed more weight until the 11 AM cutoff, Keita was eating baby food.
Pitbull even nicknamed him
“Fat Panther.” He then said he was open to a fight with Arnold Allen at UFC Rio on October 11, making it clear he has already moved on from this disappointment.