BENGALURU: Despite having to leave India in a hurry owing to visa violations,
Muhammad Roslin bin Hashim
didn't allow the developments to hamper the splendid experience he has had here over the past month.
The Malaysian former world No. 1 badminton star and World Championships (doubles) bronze medallist
Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif
were invited by the
Karnataka Badminton Association
(KBA) in Bengaluru for its summer camp last month. However, acting on a complaint, Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) officials, checked the immigration documents of the Malaysian duo and found that they were in India on a
tourist visa
.
Acting on FRRO's orders, both Roslin and Zakry left for Malaysia late Tuesday night. "We were supposed to come to India on a sports visa. Since we had very short time and getting a sports visa takes at least two weeks, we chose to travel on a tourist visa," Roslin told TOI on Tuesday.
Roslin said they had no intention of making money during their short trip to Bengaluru. "We never had any plans to come here (Bengaluru) and make money," Roslin further said. "Our idea was to see the facilities available for badminton in Bengaluru, interact with the players and understand the training they receive. And, maybe, play a few sparring matches."
During their stay here, the duo had set up base at the Karnataka Badminton Association and also visited the
Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy
in the outskirts of the city. "This (incident) has not affected the splendid experience we have had in Bengaluru. I am very happy with what I saw here and hopefully, if we come next time, we will be prepared with a sports visa and the right work permit," Roslin said.
Start a Conversation
Post comment