Continue Reading on TOI App
Open
OPEN APP

India trespassed on our land, taking countermeasures: China

After the Indian army cited another attempt by Chinese troops to ... Read More
NEW DELHI: After the Indian army cited another attempt by Chinese troops to unilaterally change the status quo in the Pangong Tso area on the night of August 29-30, China accused India of “illegally” trespassing the

LAC

on Monday at the southern bank of the lake and near the Reqin mountain. The PLA accused India of conducting “flagrant provocations” and said in a statement that China was taking “necessary countermeasures” to deal with the situation.



In a statement, Zhang Shuili, spokesperson for the

Western Theater Command

of the PLA, urged India to immediately withdraw its troops and avoid any escalation. “We solemnly demand the Indian side to immediately withdraw its troops that are illegally trespassing the border line, strictly control and restrain its frontline troops and earnestly honor its commitments, so as to avoid further escalation in the situation,” he said, adding that China will closely follow the developments at LAC to “resolutely” safeguard its territorial sovereignty.

The Chinese foreign ministry too denied that Chinese troops at any stage had violated the LAC. Indian government sources said though that the latest “provocation” by China followed its own admission after several rounds of talks that “positive progress” had been made in the military and diplomatic dialogue and sought to undo the consensus reached for early and complete disengagement.
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information