This story is from April 22, 2013

Sanjay Dutt appears in court, gets bail

Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt was granted bail in connection with a case filed by film producer Shakeel Noorani.
Sanjay Dutt appears in court, gets bail
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt was granted bail in connection with a case filed by film producer Shakeel Noorani.
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt appeared before the Andheri magistrate court on Monday evening and was granted bail on a surety of Rs 10,000. Earlier in the day the court had issued a non bailable warrant against the actor after he failed to appear before it in a case filed by film producer Shakeel Noorani. Producer Shakeel Noorani had moved the Andheri court alleging that the actor did not complete his film. He has sought damages to the tune of Rs 2.03 crore from the actor for leaving his film 'Jaan Ki Baazi' midway. Noorani had earlier alleged that he was receiving threat calls from the underworld at the behest of the actor.In the order addressed to Dutt in February, the additional chief metropolitan magistrate said his attendance was necessary to answer the charge under Section 506 (ii) (punishment for criminal intimidation) of the IPCIndian Penal Code. "He failed to appear before the court on three occassions hence, the warrant was issued," Noorani's lawyer said.
author
About the Author
Rebecca Samervel

Armed with a degree in political science and law, Rebecca Samervel waltzed into journalism after a brief stint in modeling. As a reporter at The Times of India, Mumbai, she covers courts. She is a self-confessed food-a-holic. Travelling, politics and television are her passions. If you want to find her during the week the only place to look is the Bombay high court.

End of Article
Follow Us On Social Media
Tired of too many ads?go ad free now