Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Akshay Kumar on coronavirus outbreak: It boils down to maintaining proper hygiene

Bollywood superstar Akshay on Sunday urged people to maintain pro... Read More
Bollywood superstar Akshay on Sunday urged people to maintain proper hygiene amid novel coronavirus scare across the globe. The novel virus originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December last year and has claimed over 3,000 lives in the country.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
Many events around the world have been cancelled amid the COVID-19 outbreak, including film festivals and music concerts. Release of much-awaited

James Bond

film 'No Time to Die' has also been pushed by seven months to November.

When asked if the Hindi film industry will be struck by the growing concern around coronavirus in the country, Akshay told , "There will be some effect but how much that is difficult to say. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said people shouldn't go to crowded places and safety measures should be taken."

"It all boils down to maintaining proper hygiene. One has to be very careful. We all have come down to the basic way of greeting people, that is 'namaste'," he added.

The Union Health Ministry had recently advised to either avoid or postpone mass

gatherings

to prevent spread of COVID-19.

In case such gatherings are organised, the respective states should take necessary action to guide the organizers on precautions to be taken, a communication from the Ministry had said.
Tired of too many ads?go ad free now

Apart from China, over 3,400 people have died of the deadly disease and over 101,000 have been infected from the virus globally.

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information