new delhi: the government on wednesday said fourteen top film artists have been provided with government security cover after carrying out threat assessment. stating this in rajya sabha, minister of state for home vidyasagar rao said that at present only four film artists were bearing the expenditure for their security. citing security reasons, rao did not name the stars being provided with security cover.
the minister said as per information received from maharashtra government, a nexus between some persons in the film world and underworld had come to light recently with the arrest of film producer nazim rizvi and producer and diamond merchant bharat shah. the minister said a chargesheet against them along with wanted mumbai underworld don chota shakeel had been filed in a special court.