If all goes well,
Arindam Sil’s Indo-Bangla project,
Balighawr
, will start rolling from September. The
Bangladesh
government has set up a joint preview committee to scrutinise collaborative ventures between India and Bangladesh, and directors are expected to submit their scripts for the committee to go through. The script of Balighawr, which had been lying with the committee for long, was finally passed on March 27. The team will soon be sent an acknowledgement letter.
Balighawr — which stars Nusrat Imrose Tisha and
Arifin Shuvo from Bangladesh, apart from Parno Mittra, Rahul, Anirban Bhattacharya, Rudranil Ghosh, Abir Chatterjee and others from India — is the first Indo-Bangla project after a change of rules in the neighbouring country.
“Bangladesh Film Development Corporation has passed the script of Balighawr and we are now waiting for a written permission from the government. We are planning to start the shoot from September. Byomkesh was pre-scheduled for June, so we can start this film only after that. Besides, this film has an ensemble cast and the date of all actors will only match in September,” said Sil.
Zinia Sen is chief copy editor at Calcutta Times. She handles the...
Read MoreZinia Sen is chief copy editor at Calcutta Times. She handles the "Kolkata Is Talking About" pages. She handles editing and production work, apart from writing regularly. She keenly awaits Friday releases and weekend concerts. She hates discussing work and loves playing badminton to keep her going. Having been a high school badminton champion, she says sports has instilled in her the drive to win.
Read Less
Start a Conversation
Post comment