• News
  • Elections News
  • Derogatory remarks: War of words between Congress & BJP in Himachal Pradesh
This story is from April 19, 2019

Derogatory remarks: War of words between Congress & BJP in Himachal Pradesh

Derogatory remarks: War of words between Congress & BJP in Himachal Pradesh
Sukhvinder Sukhu and Satpal Satti
SHIMLA: The Congress and BJP is targeting each other with complaints and counter complaints over derogatory remarks. While Congress leaders on Thursday submitted a complaint to the chief electoral officer (CEO) in Shimla demanding a ban on BJP state president Satpal Singh Satti from campaigning, BJP state media in-charge Praveen Kumar Sharma has lodged a police complaint against former deputy advocate general for announcing Rs 20 lakh reward to physically harm Satti.

A Congress delegation led by former state president Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu lodged a complaint against Satti to CEO Devesh Kumar and said if Satti was not banned from campaigning, then Congress would show him black flags and would also gherao him.
While defending Satti for his recent remarks, BJP’s election in-charge for state Tirath Singh Rawat said it was the Congress that invited such remarks by constantly harping the tune that “chowkidar is chor”. He added that by giving such statement deliberately, the Congress was forcing BJP to retaliate. Rawat said that Satti had already replied to the notice issued by the Election Commission (EC) and had regretted the remarks.
Former BJP chief minister Shanta Kumar said Satti had already expressed his apology for the remarks and had also replied to the EC notice. He added that it was surprising that Congress president Rahul Gandhi not once but repeatedly had called the PM “chor” (thief) that was condemnable. He added that under 10-year rule of the Congress-led UPA government when several scams were coming to light, even then the opposition BJP had never used such words against then PM Manmohan Singh.
Meanwhile, BJP state media in-charge Praveen Sharma on Thursday lodged a complaint at Boileuganj police station in Shimla against former deputy advocate general Vinay Sharma for announcing Rs 20 lakh reward to cause physical harm to Satti during a debate on a news channel. Parveen has demanded appropriate legal action against Vinay along with his arrest.
A delegation of lawyers from the Himachal Pradesh high court on Thursday met chairman of the state bar council at Shimla and requested to remove the name of Vinay Sharma from the bar council rolls for his “misconduct” ( conduct unbecoming of a member of legal profession) and for failing to maintain the standard and ethics of profession. Vinay Sharma had posted a video on social media on April 14 announcing that a person who will chop the tongue of BJP state president Satpal Singh Satti will be rewarded with Rs 10 lakh cash.
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA