Continue Reading on TOI App
Open
OPEN APP

Andhra Pradesh: Accused Kunchala Sasi Krishna harassed victim for months, says DIG S V Rajasekhar Babu

Addressing a press conference on the brutal murder of an engineer... Read More
VIJAYAWADA: Addressing a press conference on the brutal murder of an engineering student on August 15, deputy inspector general (DIG) S V Rajasekhar Babu on Monday said the accused Kunchala

Sasi Krishna

had been harassing N Ramya prior to committing the crime at Old

Guntur

. Babu pointed out that far from being able to predict the crime, the victim’s parents were not aware that Sasi Krishna and Ramya had developed a relationship through Instagram.


“There is no scope for the police to have been aware of this crime to prevent it from happening. Our personnel managed to react swiftly and arrested the accused by the end of the day,” the DIG said. It was only after inquiring among Ramya’s friends that they rounded up a suspect list that led to Sasi Krishna’s arrest late on Sunday. Explaining the motive behind the crime, Babu said Sasi Krishna was upset after Ramya chose to distance herself from him, and started to harass and threaten her.

“Krishna lured the girl through Instagram. However, when she met him in person, things were different. It is pertinent to note that building relationships on

social media

has its innate risks. A social media platform may not reflect who the person is in reality,” Babu noted.

The 3rd year BTech student was stabbed to death in broad daylight at Old Guntur area and the crime captured on

CCTV

camera. Babu announced that the investigation will be conducted by Disha DSP K Ravi Kumar. Sasi Krishna was produced before the Mahila Sessions Court and sent to judicial remand.
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information