Vijayawada: As part of the state govt's ongoing effort to support flood victims in Vijayawada, Rs 173.69 crore has been deposited into the bank accounts of 1.09 lakh flood-affected residents, said NTR district collector G Srujana.
This marks disbursement of about 90% of the total compensation amount, with the remaining 10% delayed due to issues with bank accounts, she added. However, thousands of people were seen waiting at Mee Seva centres to complete the E KYC and linking of Aadhar and bank account.
Collector Srujana assured that there is no need to panic as the remaining compensation will be provided soon. "Municipal corporation officials are visiting banks to resolve any account-related issues," she stated, adding that 8,000 more victims will receive compensation through direct benefit transfer (DBT).
Around 4,315 families are facing account-related problems, and the administration aims to settle these cases quickly, the collector said and reassured the victims that those whose accounts are settled by Monday will receive their compensation by evening.
"We are committed to ensuring every affected family receives the financial assistance they deserve," Srujana emphasised.
So far, compensation has been disbursed to 75,427 families for damaged houses, as well as to 3,149 auto drivers, 30,722 two-wheeler drivers, and 431 pushcart vendors impacted by the floods.
The district administration remains focused on addressing the issues faced by flood victims and speeding up the compensation process for the remaining beneficiaries. This continued effort reflects the govt's commitment to aiding all affected families in Vijayawada.