Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

‘Covid-19 positive migrants did not enter Hazaribag village’

HAZARIBAG: The Hazaribag

village

from where the six

migrants

who recently returned from Mumbai and tested positive for Covid-19 hailed has not been sealed as they were not allowed to enter the village, DC Bhuvanesh Pratap Singh clarified on Wednesday.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
“We have set up 16 check posts across the district along with one composite check post at the interstate border. As soon as the bus (which all ferried the six positive patients) carrying 17 migrants reached Bishungarh block, police diverted it to a quarantine centre set up at Kasturba

Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya

.,” Singh said.

He added, “After their blood and swab samples tested positive, the six were shifted to the Covid-19 isolation centre at

Hazaribag Medical College and Hospital

.”

Aged between 38-45 years, the six patients are all asymptomatic and worked as masons in Mumbai. All village heads have been directed to keep an eye on returning migrants and report it to district authorities.

Singh also said 255 quarantine centres have been set up at the district to handle the arrival of migrants. “We have more than 500 beds in these quarantine centres. The district is well-equipped to handle larger numbers of Covid-19 cases,” he added. As on Wednesday, the district’s total positive cases stood at 10.

SP Karthik S said, “We have stepped up vigil. So far, 70 cases have been registered for flouting lockdown and social distancing norms and Rs 7 lakh has been collected as penalties.”


Stay updated with the latest news on Times of India. Don't miss daily games like Crossword, Sudoku, and Mini Crossword.

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information