Hazaribag: Deputy commissioner Bhuvanesh Pratap Singh on Wednesday tried to assure the residents that the Covid situation was under control, after the number of corona patients here rose to 32 on Tuesday.
“All the six men who tested positive for Covid-19 on Tuesday were migrant workers who returned recently. While one came back from Vijaywada in Andhra Pradesh, five others returned from Mumbai,” Singh said.
The migrant from Vijaywada is a resident of Korrah under Hazaribag Municipal Corporation (HMC) limits, while the rest are from Barhi, Barkattha and Katkumdag. All of them are between 33-40 years and have been moved to the Covid isolation ward of Hazaribag Medical College and Hospital (HMCH).
Speaking to journalists, Singh said: “There is nothing to panic as the ones arriving from outside are being taken directly to government quarantine centres and are not being allowed to go to their homes. This strategy reduces the chances of contamination.” The six who tested positive were lodged in quarantine centres in Barkagaon and Silwar, the DC added.
HMCH’s medical superintendent Dr Sanjay Sinha said they are awaiting reports of 465 samples that were sent to Ranchi’s Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences. “So far, 2,229 samples have been sent for tests from the district,” Sinha said.