GHAZIABAD: Four suspects were detained on Monday in connection with Sunday's chain-snatching incident in Kaushambi, in which a four-year-old girl sustained critical injuries after being shot at by bike-borne miscreants. However, no arrests have been made so far in the case.
The condition of the girl Mishika improved on Monday after she underwent a surgery at a private hospital to extricate the bullet from her abdomen, nearly 24 hours after the incident on the busy Link Road.
"The four suspects, who are being questioned, have similar criminal records in the past. Their movements at the time of the incident are being verified to ascertain their involvement in the Kaushambi case. We have strong leads and expect to crack the case very soon," said Ajay Pal, SP (city), Ghaziabad.
Mishika's father, 29-year-old
Uday Kumar, told TOI that her health condition has improved. "Mishika has recovered a bit on Monday. Doctors attending her at the hospital are satisfied with her progress. However, she will remain under observation in the ICU for at least five more days. Doctors told us that there are multiple stitches on the internal organs inside her abdomen," said Kumar.
The miscreants first pulled her mother's gold chain on Link Road and sped away, but fired at the family which approached them from behind after they got stuck in a traffic jam near a multiplex a short distance ahead. The bullet hit Mishika who was seated in the front.