This story is from May 22, 2018
Police in no hurry to register offences in Krazy Castle deaths
Nagpur: Even 24 hours after two deaths at Haldiram Food’s Krazy Castle Aqua Park on Ambazari Road on Sunday, the cops seem to be in no hurry to take any strict action against the management or employees. The only swift action had been collector Ashwin Mudgal immediately shutting down the water park till further notice.
After the incident, the pool management had not informed the police, and also allowed patrons to continue using the wave pool where several nearly drowned even as two died.
In a twist, police also returned empty-handed from the water park on Monday, unable to retrieve any CCTV footage. Senior PI Gnyaneshwar Patil, sounding helpless and seemingly under pressure, said the management now claims that the CCTVs were not functioning for the last few months.
On Monday, the post mortem of the victims, Akshay Bind and Sagar Sahashrabudhe, were conducted at Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) mortuary. Police said the provisional post mortem reports of the two confirmed deaths due to drowning. Sahashrabudhe’s friend Snehal Motghare is still recuperating at GMCH.
Retired DGP PKB Chakraborty said media reports indicated the management had not put up caution boards indicating the depth of the water, which added to ‘culpability’. “The offenders attract section 304 of Indian Penal Code (IPC). In the post incident reaction, the management’s failure to inform police, and allow the public to use the pool later, are relevant grounds to prove their culpability,” said the former city police chief.
The latest revelation of the unavailability of CCTV footage of the premises is, however, in complete contrast with the statement of a senior management official, as published in the TOI May 21 edition. The official had said to TOI that he will go through CCTV footage before initiating an internal inquiry and implementing corrective measures.
Zonal DCP Krishnakant Upadhyay said the police would not rush into any action until a thorough probe is completed. He did not set any time frame to reach a conclusion regarding fixing responsibility for the accident.
Stay updated with breaking news, bank holidays and upcoming public holidays in march.
In a twist, police also returned empty-handed from the water park on Monday, unable to retrieve any CCTV footage. Senior PI Gnyaneshwar Patil, sounding helpless and seemingly under pressure, said the management now claims that the CCTVs were not functioning for the last few months.
On Monday, the post mortem of the victims, Akshay Bind and Sagar Sahashrabudhe, were conducted at Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) mortuary. Police said the provisional post mortem reports of the two confirmed deaths due to drowning. Sahashrabudhe’s friend Snehal Motghare is still recuperating at GMCH.
Retired DGP PKB Chakraborty said media reports indicated the management had not put up caution boards indicating the depth of the water, which added to ‘culpability’. “The offenders attract section 304 of Indian Penal Code (IPC). In the post incident reaction, the management’s failure to inform police, and allow the public to use the pool later, are relevant grounds to prove their culpability,” said the former city police chief.
The latest revelation of the unavailability of CCTV footage of the premises is, however, in complete contrast with the statement of a senior management official, as published in the TOI May 21 edition. The official had said to TOI that he will go through CCTV footage before initiating an internal inquiry and implementing corrective measures.
Zonal DCP Krishnakant Upadhyay said the police would not rush into any action until a thorough probe is completed. He did not set any time frame to reach a conclusion regarding fixing responsibility for the accident.
Stay updated with breaking news, bank holidays and upcoming public holidays in march.
Popular from City
- 'India will not fail my daughter': Father of dead KIIT student seeks justice, cites 'roti-beti ka rishta'
- Amid M K Stalin’s LS seat-cut claims, Amit Shah says Tamil Nadu tally to stay intact
- Bride calls off wedding after drunk groom’s ‘bad touch’ during varmala in UP
- Fire breaks out at Select City Mall theatre during 'Chhava' screening
- Punjab man challenges Rs 5,000 maintenance for widowed mom, court says ‘it’s kalyug’
end of article
Trending Stories
- Esports Calendar: List of All Games releasing in 2025
- 'We want productive people': Donald Trump says US companies can hire Indians under 'gold card' program
- 'Best decision of my life': Indian entrepreneur on why he left US after 10 years, says 'was turning into a robot'
- Maharashtra village bar on Muslims’ business during festival
- UnitedHealthcare CEO killer Luigi Mangione tells fans to stop flooding him with photos: 'No more than five at a time’
- CUET PG exam date sheet 2025 released at nta.ac.in: Check detailed schedule here
- 36-minute underground Metro LINE 3 ride from Aarey to Worli to cost 60
Visual Stories
- How to make South Indian Paneer Butter Masala Dosa for breakfast
- 10 ancient animals that still exist
- 10 exotic animals to spot inside Kashmir's Dachigam National Park
- 10 powerful ways to detox and reset your mind
- 10 things parents should never do in the morning before sending kids to school
TOP TRENDS
UP NEXT
Start a Conversation
Post comment