This story is from March 15, 2017

Fadnavis approves Rs 607-crore plan for Raigad Fort revamp

A high-powered committee, chaired by chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, approved a Rs 607-crore plan for the development of Raigad Fort and Rs 700 crore for the development of tourist attractions in Aurangabad and Buldhana.
Fadnavis approves Rs 607-crore plan for Raigad Fort revamp
Devendra Fadnavis
MUMBAI: A high-powered committee, chaired by chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, approved a Rs 607-crore plan for the development of Raigad Fort and Rs 700 crore for the development of tourist attractions in Aurangabad and Buldhana.
It has been decided to form a special and dedicated team to oversee the development of the historic and frequently visited sites in the state.
1x1 polls

The committee also sanctioned Rs 438.44-crore development plan for Mhaismal, a hill station, Verul and Khultabad Fort, and Sulibhanjan, a tourist spot in Aurangabad district.
The committee also approved a development plan of Rs 234.58 crore for Shri Kshetra Mahurgad, a temple place in Nanded, and of Rs 93.46 crore for Lonar crater in Buldhana.
"Since most of the permissions and issues regarding the development of these areas have been sorted out with the central government, the actual work can soon start," said an official.
The Union tourism and culture ministry had already approved a Rs 600-crore conservation proposal for Raigad Fort.
This historic fort where Shivaji was coronated will be conserved by the Archeological Survey of India, along with the help from the Maharashtra government. Fadnavis had met minister of state for tourism and culture Mahesh Sharma in February who had approved the proposal and said that all the necessary permissions would be decentralised so that work could begin early on the restoration.
A demand for this was made first time in the presence of PM Narendra Modi, who was in the city to conduct the Bhoomipujan of the Shivaji Maharaj in the Arabian Sea to decentralise permission from the ASI.
author
About the Author
Bhavika Jain

Bhavika Jain, senior correspondent with The Times of India. While her primary beat is the BMC, she also keep tab on stories relating to other beats like heritage, environment and health. When she is not scouting for news stories, she usually watch films or try out new places to eat.

End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA