GURGAON: A city court, on Saturday, acquitted contract killer Jaggu Pehelwan, MCG councillor Virendra alias Binder Gurjjar and eight others who were accused in the Rithoj double murder case, after the case's only witness turned hostile. The murder had taken place in Rithoj village in June last year.
Gurgaon police had arrested 10 accused, including Jaggu, Binder, Pravesh, Lekhraj, Udauveer, Rambeer, Satbeer, Govind in the case.
The hearing was taking place in the court of additional session judge
Vijay Singh. In the last hearing of the case, the lone witness of the case, Menpal, a resident of Damdama village, refused to say anything before court and also refused to identify the accused. In the police chargesheet, Menpal had claimed to have identified the accused.
Around 8pm on June 26, 2011, two persons, who were later identified as Raju, resident of Rithoj village and Dharmi, resident of Tighra village were burnt to death in Rithoj village in Gurgaon.
The double murder case was cracked after
Delhi police arrested two sharpshooters -Udayveer and Chahat, 10 days after the incident. During interrogation, the two revealed the name of Jaggu Pehelwan and the contract killer was subsequently arrested by the Ghaziabad police.
During interrogation, Jaggu had told police that the contractors had given him Rs 5 lakh in advance and also provided him with food and transportation. He had taken shelter in Gurgaon two months prior to the murder. He also disclosed the name of MCG councillor Virendra alias Binder Gurjjar for his part in planning the murder. Jaggu said that Binder had a doubt that Dharmi was involved in an attack on him in front of the MCG office on April 28, 2011. Binder denied the allegations and declared them to be baseless.