Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Police given freehand to probe cash-for-job scams: Pramod Sawant

Panaji: Chief minister Pramod Sawant on Monday, speaking on the cash-for-jobs scam, said that the director general of police (DGP) never said that anyone was given a clean-chit. Investigations are going on and police have been given a freehand to arrest anyone involved, said the chief minister.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
“I do not understand one thing. I have watched the press conference and I have also spoken to the DGP. The DGP has not used the words ‘clean chit’ anywhere. I want to repeat it: The investigation is going on, and, once it is complete, no one involved will be let off. Police are on the right track,” said Sawant.

The investigation was started suo motu by govt. “Once I appealed to those affected to come forward to register cases, they started coming out. No one was coming forward until then. Everyone was sitting afraid at home. There is complete transparency in the investigation,” the chief minister said.

Previously, stating that the cases are not interconnected, Goa police had ruled out any political link to the scam or even its operation by an organised racket. The DGP had said the investigation is being carried out professionally.

The investigation has revealed that people have been cheated with the lure of govt jobs since 2014-15.


Stay updated with the latest news on Times of India. Don't miss daily games like Crossword, Sudoku, Location Guesser and Mini Crossword.

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information