This story is from May 9, 2012

District collector verifying action taken in land-filling cases across South Goa

According to the list submitted to the district collector by the flying squad officials on Tuesday, in the last two years they received 192 complaints of alleged illegal land filling.
District collector verifying action taken in land-filling cases across South Goa
MARGAO: Following inspections of land filling sites carried out by the South Goa district collector, N D Agarwal, in the first week of May, the South Goa flying squad officials were asked to compile a list of all such inspections carried out by them in the last two years.
According to the list submitted to the district collector by the flying squad officials on Tuesday, in the last two years they received 192 complaints of alleged illegal land filling.
1x1 polls
Flying squad officials stated that after these complaints were looked into, 93 persons were given a show-cause notice.
The BJP had demanded a review of all cases of illegal land filling and change of zones in the constituency during the last five years. Last week, Agarwal and his team, deputy collector Dasharat Redkar and BJP workers visited a site behind KTC bus stand and another one near the swimming pool in Fatorda to verify complaints of alleged land filling.
"We are now in touch with all the town and country planning offices in South Goa, Margao PDA and Vasco PDA to follow up on these cases and to get information on how many FIRs they have filed," said Redkar
"We have come to see the factual position and we will take action, if any, as per law," Agrawal said, pointing out that most of the complaints were from Salcete. Agarwal added that the purpose of this exercise was to know exactly what happened in the last two years and what follow up had taken place.tnn
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA