Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

'Didn't want to go school': Bomb threat at South Delhi school revealed as a hoax

A school in south Delhi’s Kailash Colony received a bomb threat v... Read More
NEW DELHI: A school in south Delhi’s Kailash Colony received a bomb threat via email on Friday. However, after a meticulous search, it was found to be a hoax. A 14-year-old kid has been identified as the suspect.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
“The administration of Summer Fields School reported receiving an email message at 12.30 am at the school’s email address. The content of the email insinuated that an explosive device had been surreptitiously planted within the school premises, thereby posing an imminent threat to the safety and well-being of the students and staff,” a senior police officer said.

“Tomorrow there will be a blast at the school,” the email read. The officer said that in the email, it was written that “the sender is a Pakistani General.” The mail also urged school authorities to take the email seriously.

“A bomb disposal squad team, along with the local police, swiftly arrived at the school and meticulously scoured the entire premises for any traces of the alleged explosive device. Despite their comprehensive search for over two hours, no suspicious objects or explosive materials were uncovered, much to the relief of everyone involved,” the officer stated further. After an initial probe, the boy was identified as the suspect. He allegedly sent the mail because he did not want to go to school the next day, police sources said. So far, the boy has not been apprehended.

This was not the first time such an incident happened in Delhi. On May 1, at least 200 schools received emails which warned them about a bomb on their premises, leading to widespread panic.

Later, several hospitals, IGI Airport and Tihar Jail had received hoax emails about bombs at their premises. Next were colleges, as at least 15 of them in Delhi were targeted by bomb threats.
Tired of too many ads?go ad free now


We also published the following articles recently


Delhi: Greater Kailash school gets bomb threat email; no explosives found, say police

Summer Fields School in Delhi's Greater Kailash area received a bomb threat via email, prompting an immediate investigation by the Delhi Police on Friday. The school was evacuated within 10 minutes, and a thorough search was conducted. No explosive device or suspicious item was found. The authorities are continuing to probe the incident.

"It has been checked; no such thing has been recovered": Delhi Police on Bomb threat in cluster bus

Delhi Police responded to a bomb threat in a cluster bus but found no danger after the evacuation. Bus conductor Deewan Singh alerted authorities after noticing suspicious items, which turned out to be motor parts. Police and the bomb disposal team ensured safety in the area following a comprehensive check.

'Juvenile terrorist': 11-year-old arrested for threatening Florida schools with bombs and shootings

An 11-year-old boy from Henrico County, Virginia, was arrested for making over 20 violent threats to schools in multiple states, including Florida. He targeted several schools and made bomb and shooting threats. The boy admitted to the crimes, and disturbing content was found in his possession. He now faces multiple felony and misdemeanor charges.

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information