NEW DELHI: Senior AAP leader and Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Singh on Tuesday lashed out at lieutenant governor VK Saxena, accusing him of misleading the judiciary in the 2002 Sabarmati Ashram assault case.
Saxena "does not deserve" to hold the position of a LG, Singh said at a press conference on Tuesday. "How can he continue to hold the position," he said.
The LG office did not respond to the allegations.
Singh alleged that Saxena has written a "misleading letter" to the court and refused to appear before it for trial in the case.
"There are charges against Saxena for inciting violence at Sabarmati Ashram around 21 years ago. The investigation is still under way and he had been asked to appear before the court on March 9. The LG refused to do so and wrote a misleading letter to the court instead," Singh alleged.