• News
  • Atishi announces 10L relief for kin of four deceased

Atishi announces 10L relief for kin of four deceased

Atishi announces 10L relief for kin of four deceased
New Delhi: Chief minister-designate Atishi on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the house collapse in central Delhi's Prasad Nagar and announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of the four people who died in it.
Atishi added that strict action would be taken against the owner of the building and the officials of Municipal Corporation of Delhi who were responsible for ensuring that the building by-laws were followed during the construction.

She also visited Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital in the evening where the injured were undergoing treatment and met their families. Talking to reporters after the visit, Atishi said legal action would be taken against the owner of the building. "I am constantly in touch with the mayor regarding this, so that strict action is taken against the engineers of the building department and other officials concerned whose responsibility was to ensure that the building by-laws were being followed," she said.
The CM-designate said some of the injured were being treated at RML Hospital while others had been taken to Lady Hardinge Hospital. "The families of the deceased will be provided a compensation of Rs 10 lakh by Delhi govt," Atishi said, adding that the compensation will also be given to the injured based on the severity of their injuries.
Expressing sorrow over the house collapse, Atishi earlier said she had instructed the district magistrate to conduct an inquiry and find out the reasons for the accident. She also directed the district administration to provide all possible help to the people who were living in the building and to the victims, and arrange proper treatment for the injured.
"I have also spoken to the mayor regarding the accident. There has been a lot of rain this year. My appeal to all the people of Delhi is that if there is a fear of a construction-related accident, immediately inform the (district) administration and the municipal corporation. Govt will immediately help you," Atishi posted on X.
After her visit to RML Hospital, she posted on X, "I met the injured in the hospital. In this difficult time, Delhi govt is with the affected families and will provide them all possible help. Our condolences go out to all the families who lost their loved ones in this accident. Delhi govt will provide financial assistance of Rs 10 lakh to all those families."
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA