Atishi announces 10L relief for kin of four deceased
New Delhi: Chief minister-designate Atishi on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the house collapse in central Delhi's Prasad Nagar and announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of the four people who died in it. Atishi added that strict action would be taken against the owner of the building and the officials of Municipal Corporation of Delhi who were responsible for ensuring that the building by-laws were followed during the construction.She also visited Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital in the evening where the injured were undergoing treatment and met their families. Talking to reporters after the visit, Atishi said legal action would be taken against the owner of the building. "I am constantly in touch with the mayor regarding this, so that strict action is taken against the engineers of the building department and other officials concerned whose responsibility was to ensure that the building by-laws were being followed," she said.The CM-designate said some of the injured were being treated at RML Hospital while others had been taken to Lady Hardinge Hospital. "The families of the deceased will be provided a compensation of Rs 10 lakh by Delhi govt," Atishi said, adding that the compensation will also be given to the injured based on the severity of their injuries.Expressing sorrow over the house collapse, Atishi earlier said she had instructed the district magistrate to conduct an inquiry and find out the reasons for the accident. She also directed the district administration to provide all possible help to the people who were living in the building and to the victims, and arrange proper treatment for the injured. "I have also spoken to the mayor regarding the accident. There has been a lot of rain this year. My appeal to all the people of Delhi is that if there is a fear of a construction-related accident, immediately inform the (district) administration and the municipal corporation. Govt will immediately help you," Atishi posted on X.After her visit to RML Hospital, she posted on X, "I met the injured in the hospital. In this difficult time, Delhi govt is with the affected families and will provide them all possible help. Our condolences go out to all the families who lost their loved ones in this accident. Delhi govt will provide financial assistance of Rs 10 lakh to all those families."
Popular from City
- Why some families are returning adopted kids in Tamil Nadu
- Dehradun accident: What happened in the last moments before 6 friends died in horrific car crash
- King Cobra’s 185-year monopoly comes to end as four of its kind found
- A town mourns a son: Meerut rallies for justice for MBA student stabbed in Gujarat
- Mumbai: 60-year-old woman held for cheating senior citizens, stealing jewellery
end of article
Trending Stories
- Taylor Swift may have no desire to return to Higmark Stadium to support Travis Kelce after feeling the full wrath of Bills Mafia in January
- Delhi Chief Minister Atishi orders online classes for all students, except Class 10 and 12, as the national capital enforces GRAP Stage-IV
- GRAP-IV curbs imposed in Delhi from Monday as air quality deteriorates to 'severe plus' category
- Kailash Gahlot resigns: Delhi CM Atishi to handle his departments, proposal sent to LG
- A-list celebrities at Diddy's 'Freak-Off Parties' face legal pressure, read here
- Watch: Allu Arjun and Rashmika Mandanna's 'Pushpa 2: The Rule' trailer out
- Dehradun accident: What happened in the last moments before 6 friends died in horrific car crash
Visual Stories
- 10 easy South Indian snacks for Friday evenings
- 7 genetic traits that babies get from their dad
- 10 good habits of parents that make kids disciplined
- 7 low-maintenance animals to keep as pets
- 10 Korean dishes that are getting popular in India
UP NEXT
Start a Conversation
Post comment