Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Malik, Haldwani violence kingpin, held in Delhi, says Uttarakhand Police

DEHRADUN: Uttarakhand Police on Saturday confirmed the arrest of alleged mastermind of February 8 Haldwani violence, Abdul Malik, from Delhi.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
The development was confirmed by SSP (Nainital) Prahlad Meena on Saturday in Haldwani, during which he also informed about the arrest of two more accused, among which one was named in the FIR registered after the violence. Divulging details of the arrest, SSP Meena said, "Six teams were formed to nab Malik, who had been absconding since the violence. The teams went to Bihar, UP, Delhi, Maharashtra and Gujarat in search of Malik. Finally, the team which had gone to Delhi, succeeded in arresting him on Saturday."

The development comes days after the district administration initiated action to attach Malik's properties to recover the damage to public properties worth Rs 2.4 crore. His wife, along with five others, were booked on charges of fraud and forgery for allegedly carrying out illegal plotting and construction on govt land.

On the other arrests, Meena said, "The two were identified as Md Furquan and Md Salim. They were produced before the local court which sent them to jail. Total arrests made after the incident are now 82."

Stay updated with the latest news on Times of India. Don't miss daily games like Crossword, Sudoku, and Mini Crossword.
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information