Rudrapur: A day after a video showing a man being assaulted while offering namaz near Atariya temple in Rudrapur was widely shared and led to an FIR against two persons, one of the accused is now facing fresh allegations — this time from his estranged wife.
A woman advocate from Dineshpur has filed a complaint alleging that her estranged husband, Arvind Sharma — priest and secretary of the Atariya Temple Committee, who was booked in connection with Tuesday's assault — threatened to shoot her after she publicly criticised him.
In her written complaint at Dineshpur police station, the advocate stated that she is legally married to Sharma, though the two are living separately. She alleged that Sharma has contracted a second marriage.
Referring to the recent assault case, she said she had condemned the incident during an interview aired on local news channels on Wednesday. "After the interview started doing rounds on social media, Arvind Sharma called me at 10.22 pm the same night and threatened to shoot me in public. I have the call recording," she stated in the complaint.
The complainant further alleged that Sharma, along with his second wife Khushboo and other associates, had been issuing repeated threats to her and her family. She sought police protection and action against those involved.
Police confirmed that the complaint has been received. "We have initiated an inquiry and are verifying the allegations. Appropriate legal action will be taken based on the findings," an official said.
A seasoned journalist with over two decades of experience in purs...
Read MoreA seasoned journalist with over two decades of experience in pursuing truth and amplifying voices that matter. Dedicated to illuminating stories with integrity, depth, and impact, while crafting compelling narratives that resonate with readers and inspire meaningful change across society.
Read Less
Start a Conversation
Post comment