This story is from May 9, 2002

Watchman killed in Phase VII industrial area

SAS NAGAR: A watchman working with Suntime Energy in Phase VII industrial area was hacked to death by some unidentified people on late Tuesday night.
Watchman killed in Phase VII industrial area
SAS NAGAR: Dinanth (36), a watchman working with Suntime Energy Limited in Phase VII industrial area, was hacked to death by some unidentified people on late Tuesday night.
According to police, at least 25 visible deep-cut injuries were found on his body. No weapon was recovered from that place.
The body was sent for post-mortem to civil hospital, Phase VI.
1x1 polls
The incident came to light on Wednesday morning at 8.30 am when one of the workers Kuljeet Singh opened the factory gate to find the body lying in a pool of blood inside the security post where Dinanth lived.
He informed Ramandeep Singh, one of the directors of the company, who later informed the police.
According to police, rivalry could be the reason behind the murder, since factory owners did not report any theft of money or goods from the premises. Police has registered a case under Sections 460, 34 of IPC.
This murder incident, a second in the week, has come into light just days after when city police arrested Harmeet Singh for killing his own daughter for marrying secretly.
Dinanth was a resident of Uttaranchal and had come to Mohali a month back to work as a watchman in Suntime Energy Limited—a fouryear-old company manufacturing solar products.

While talking to Times News Network, Ramandeep said that Dinanth was taken in on the recommendation of the company’s cook Vijay Kumar, an Uttaranchal resident.
“The factory closes at 5.30 pm daily and we have no clue whom Dinanth met after that,� said Ramandeep. “Perhaps lending of money could be a reason behind his killing,� he added.
DSP H S Bhullar told this newspaper that so far no weapon had been recovered and no theft had been reported by the factory owners.
Despite additional force of commando sanctioned recently, there has not been a dip in the crime rate in this city. Bhullar said that on that fateful night he had been patrolling till 12.30 am in that area but he declined to comment on the failure of police for not conducting effective night patrolling. “We have asked industrialists to submit a detail verification of their employees,� he added.
Police started the investigation by interrogating all the employees working in the factory. There are 17 people on the rolls, including the daily wagers and all of them have been here working for the last four years.
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA