raichur: the chairman of urban development authority, a. vasanth kumar, on thursday said, the raichur urban development authority has given its approval for eight residential private layouts in the city. he said betterment and slum cess and other charges had been collected from the concerned parties. addressing reporters, he said, the government had given provisional approval for formation of new residential layout by the urban development authority in sy no: 1156, 1157, 1158, 1160 and 1161, measuring total 40 acres, with estimated cost of rs 2.06 crore and for allotment of open plots to the poor. he said, all unauthorised constructions in the city would be demolished, and added that notices had been issued to violators of the provisions of the karnataka town and country planning act and the urban development authority act, while constructing the building. he said, some violators had constructed a building by encroaching the fort's moat. reacting to the issuance of no-objection certificate for conversion of agriculture land into non-agriculture, a. vasanth kumar said, the urban development authority had not issued any noc since december 6, 2000. moreover, he said, the authority had not received any requisition or application from anyone for issue of noc. he further quoted the karnataka gazette on june 17, 1999, which published that parties ``need not obtain noc from the urban development authority for conversion of land,'' and it clarified, ``but, mere conversion does not entitle the occupants to utilise the land for non-agriculture purpose without obaining permission from concerned authorities like urban development authority, local bodies like city municipal council, towm municipal council, gram panchayat and pollution control board.'' it concluded that obtaining clearance prior to sanction of conversion order was not required.