Prayagraj: Superintendent of Police (Kaushambi) Brijesh Kumar Srivastava on Thursday ordered a probe into a case wherein a woman alleged that her husband gave her banned triple talaq over phone and was planning a second marriage.
The SP told reporters that the victim, a resident of Baripur (Kokhraj), had forwarded an application with her digital signature to police following which he asked Kokhraj police to probe the case and take action accordingly.
The woman, in her application, said she was staying in Mumbai after marriage with Shahbaz Ahmed since Nov 15, 2016. The couple has two daughters aged about five and one year.
She alleged that after a few days of marriage, her husband started harassing her for different reasons and all efforts to broker peace between the couple saw no results.
She further said a few days back, he forcibly ousted her from the house. Since then, she was living with her parents in Kaushambi.
The victim said her husband gave her triple talaq over phone and announced he would solmenise another marriage this month.
Prayagraj: Superintendent of Police (Kaushambi) Brijesh Kumar Srivastava on Thursday ordered a probe into a case wherein a woman alleged that her husband gave her banned triple talaq over phone and was planning a second marriage.
The SP told reporters that the victim, a resident of Baripur (Kokhraj), had forwarded an application with her digital signature to police following which he asked Kokhraj police to probe the case and take action accordingly.
The woman, in her application, said she was staying in Mumbai after marriage with Shahbaz Ahmed since Nov 15, 2016. The couple has two daughters aged about five and one year.
She alleged that after a few days of marriage, her husband started harassing her for different reasons and all efforts to broker peace between the couple saw no results.
She further said a few days back, he forcibly ousted her from the house. Since then, she was living with her parents in Kaushambi.
The victim said her husband gave her triple talaq over phone and announced he would solmenise another marriage this month.