This story is from January 12, 2002

Ford launches 'Mondeo', to capture 20% share

KOLKATA: Ford India plans to corner at least 15 to 20 per cent share of the luxury car segment with the launch of its newest luxury car, Ford Mondeo, across the country.
Ford launches 'Mondeo', to capture 20% share
kolkata: ford india plans to corner at least 15 to 20 per cent share of the luxury car segment with the launch of its newest luxury car, ford mondeo, across the country. mondeo has already made a good impact in india since its country debut here last month, santosh nair, general manager, sales and marketing, ford india, said on saturday. nair, who was speaking at the kolkata launch of mondeo, said that the company planned to capture at least one-fifth of the estimated 5000 plus size of the super luxury d segment.
he said that ford india, a subsidiary of ford motor company, believed in giving the best to the indian motorist. apart from a number of luxury features, mondeo boasts of a number of safety features including double air bags for front passengers, pyrotechnic seat belts with pre-tensioners and even side pushers, he said. mondeo is being imported to india fully assembled. priced at rs 15.58 lakh for petrol version and rs 16.81 lakh for diesel in kolkata, mondeo is one of the costliest cars on indian roads.
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA