JAMMU: A special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court here on Tuesday extended captured Pakistani terrorist Naved’s remand by 14 days.
Sources said Naved was produced before the court around 6:45am before he was taken to a hospital for his medical examination.
The NIA’s lawyer sought extension of Naveed’s remand, saying more time was needed to investigate the August 5 terror attack in Udhampur after which the terrorist was captured.
Sources said Naved would now be taken outside the state for brain mapping for scientific investigation in the case.
Naved was earlier on Monday brought to Jammu from Srinagar, where the investigators have arrested two and detained three people for questioning in connection with the terror case.
READ ALSO: Islamabad in denial mode again, disowns Naved'It's fun doing this,' says captured terrorist Naved In the Valley, NIA investigators took Naved to separate places in Kulgam, Anantnag and Pulwama for identification of places, where he had stayed and to identify those who had helped him.
He was later taken to Narsoo near Udhampur and the spot where he along with his slain accomplice attacked the BSF convoy on August 5.
“The investigators interacted with the locals, senior police officials to collect more information related to terror attack,” said a source.
Naved has told investigators he had been in Kashmir since May 27 and remained in touch with Lashkar-e-Taiba’s Abu Dujana.
“He reached the Line of Control in Kupwara on June 2 and cut the fence to enter the Indian territory,” a source said quoting Naved’s disclosures.
Naved and his accomplice stayed at Tomato Morh and cooked their food a day before attacking the BSF convoy.